Treason Show Page 9

I've never had a running order, do they only send them if you got something on?

If you get the edit sheets I think you should get the running orders, but they can get a bit behind and the last running order I got was for the November show.

Always get the edit sheets but have never had a running order, hmm, not sure what's going on.

Actually now I think about it I haven't seen a running order since November either! Am getting all the edit sheets though so presuming they haven't sent them out.

I think the problem is that with the new set-up they are always mid-rehearsal but could be worth dropping a friendly e-mail to ask.

I don't think they've been sending any out recently. I think I got one in early January regarding the December show, but nothing since.

Quote: StephenM @ March 9 2013, 8:32 AM GMT

I think the problem is that with the new set-up they are always mid-rehearsal but could be worth dropping a friendly e-mail to ask.

Thanks Stephen, I may well do that.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ March 9 2013, 4:07 PM GMT

I don't think they've been sending any out recently. I think I got one in early January regarding the December show, but nothing since.

Thanks Mikey :)

OK, news from Treason Show towers.

For those of you who were worried about lack of running orders and whatnot, they are catching up with all that.

Meanwhile...

SKETCH AND SONG CALL:

Treason Show require songs and sketches urgently. Like, now.

If you've never got anything in before, then now's your chance as technically you'll have less competition.

For those of you who do submit material, but don't get on, it may be because TS has a certain "style" they like to stick to.

Most importantly, they love biting satire. Politician bashing, in particular, but it has to be a mixture of silliness with a clever angle.

Here are some pointers:

David Cameron is always portrayed as a Leslie Philips ding dong posh twat character, champers bottle in hand who, yes, does sound like Leslie Philips and says ding dong a lot.

Ed Milliband is portrayed as a snivelling brat schoolboy type.

Every show has a naked gag. This is basically a short sketch with the punchline beging Mark Brailsford (the guy in charge of TS) walking out on stage butt naked -- and I mean full frontal -- and giving a thumbs up to the audience.

Hooligans!

The Treason Show is reviewed on Chortle.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/misc_live_shows/t/15052/treason_show/review

WARNING: Some people may find the review slightly upsetting.

Quote: Jinky @ May 22 2013, 7:26 PM BST

The Treason Show is reviewed on Chortle.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/misc_live_shows/t/15052/treason_show/review

Ouch!

Good find, thanks for posting.

The Argus

The Treason Show, Sabai Pavilion, Brighton, May 22
4:27pm Thursday 23rd May 2013 in Brighton Festival and Fringe reviews By Susi Doherty .

The Treason Show brought their inimitable blend of political satire and observational comedy to the Sabai Pavilion this month and they were on great form.

Gove, Cameron - and less expectedly Patrick Moore - were all given the Treason treatment, with some hilarious perceptions of Brighton Festival (Who did start that "fly tip" at the top of North Street?), the Albion (More Poyet and Palace than "Poogate") and Hove (Always easy to see where audience members live at this stage!).

So much irreverence can cause discomfort and not everyone found themselves in a happy place with the Savile/Harris satire. However the quick pace of the show generally kept most of us at least smiling all the way through.

Daniel Beales' drag version of Angela Merkel singing My Way was hilarious from the moment his silhouette appeared on stage (what a voice he has too!) and the brilliant Mark Brailsford managed to do his usual streak, which is difficult not to laugh at.

The show ended with the same satirical look at Brighton Festival it kicked off with - a version of Bohemian Rhapsody that had many standing in ovation. Brighton is rightly very proud of this company. Go see a show before Helen Mirren asks them to hush up.

Quote: Jinky @ May 22 2013, 7:26 PM BST

Can we have this on all acceptance letters?

By the way Jinky, where are getting your ideas from?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 23 2013, 6:39 PM BST

By the way Jinky, where are getting your ideas from?

Allah

(see below)