Plebs - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Mutley @ April 8 2013, 9:59 PM BST

It does seem to me that after the success of The Inbetweeners every sitcom produced has to be some kind of copy of that same humour.

This kind of humour goes back at least to the American Pie film...which was funny and fresh at that time. But this humour is just lazy now (at least imo).

By accident I caught the last half of an episode, I had no idea it existed until then.

Seems ok enough as something to do for half an hour.

I wasn't expecting a lot but was pleasantly surprised. Silly and easy to watch and lose half hour IMO.

Damn sight funnier than the recent Security Men!

I like it! I know the humour is juvenile and similar to The Inbetweeners, but so what?! It's still funny!

It's interesting to see that people on here have been comparing it to Chelmsford 123....I thought I was the only one who remembered that!

I actually think Plebs is better than Chelmsford. It's good to see that ITV haven't forgotten how to make a good sitcom! :)

Quote: GregorysGirl @ April 20 2013, 3:32 AM BST

It's interesting to see that people on here have been comparing it to Chelmsford 123....I thought I was the only one who remembered that!

Not remotely. You're amongst comedy geeks now.

It's even available to buy on DVD.

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2013, 12:33 PM BST

Not remotely. You're amongst comedy geeks now.

It's even available to buy on DVD.

@Aaron,

Thanks....I've never thought of myself as a "comedy geek" before, but I sort of like it! :)

I might check out the Chelmsford 123 DVD....it would be good to see it again.

No big belly laughs but I enjoyed it. The one aspect I particularly enjoyed was the background reggae music (or 'Bluebeat' as we called it in the 60s). I really hope there is a compilation CD planned.

I liked it... it wasn't choc full o'laughs but it had something about it that kept me watching each week. I hope it gets a second series...

Do you know what I kind of liked it. I'm concerned my taste faculties have gone west, but I laughed a few times and I would sit through another series. :$

It's not bad. Grumio steals the show.

Thoroughly entertaining series. Not a runaway amazing revelation of sitcommery, but funnier than many and with more than enough promise to warrant a recommission. Grumio, as noted, stole the show.

I loved the background music. What's the chances of a compilation CD?

The music is pretty good isn't it?

And I really do like Doon Mackichan as the boss.

Why only 6 episodes? When can we expect more??????