Mrs. Brown's Boys Live Tour - Rides Again

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mrs_browns_boys/buy/3302/mrs_browns_boys_live_tour_mrs_brown_rides_again_dvd/

Recorded from the Autumn 2012 live tour, this DVD is coming out on my birthday which is 11th November. I just can't wait! Even though the first Live DVD contained previously seen material it was still funny. I can't wait to get my hands on this in November!!! :D :D

Second? Sorry G180e, this is the ninth tour. And AFAIK, all have been adapted for television.

Here's a box set of the first seven shows - although one of them seems to have the same title as last year's release, so now I'm a little more confused.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Aaron @ February 14 2013, 2:14 PM GMT

Second? Sorry G180e, this is the ninth tour. And AFAIK, all have been adapted for television.

Here's a box set of the first seven shows - although one of them seems to have the same title as last year's release, so now I'm a little more confused.

No , the ones in that box are not live shows!!! They're all filmed on location. That's the original series. It contains good mourning Mrs Brown the original one not the live one! So this DVD coming out in November is the second one. ;)

Ah, location? Okay, that's not what I'd read of them previously! Well, they were all toured, but in that case this will indeed be only the second release of a show actually recorded live. Oh how confusing.

Quote: Aaron @ February 15 2013, 5:29 PM GMT

Ah, location? Okay, that's not what I'd read of them previously! Well, they were all toured, but in that case this will indeed be only the second release of a show actually recorded live. Oh how confusing.

Yes they were all toured in Ireland and north of England years ago.

Quote: Aaron @ February 15 2013, 5:29 PM GMT

Right , Let's clear this up once and for all. Brendan wrote Mrs Brown orginally for Radio then developed them into books. After this , he wrote 5 live plays which he would take on the road. He then made 7 exclusive to DVD films featuring material out of his 5 live plays across 7 films , he then toured again with other parts of his live trilogy. He was then approaced by the BBC to make a first 6 episode series based on the plays. The Five Live Plays are called: Mrs Brown's Last Wedding , Good Mourning Mrs Brown , Mrs Brown Rides Again , For The Love Of Mrs Brown and How Now Mrs Brown Cow. So the titles in the boxset are irrelevant , it's just that part 4 in the set happens to have the same name as one of the tours.

Only 1 month away from release and my birthday! :D