Getting On - Series 3 Page 2

Laughing out loud

Another vote for it from me, it's simple and elegant, with a lot of power coming from the casting. It's not a laugh a minute, but certainly it's a laugh. If I have to find fault, then perhaps some of the writing is a bit clumsy; having a shortage of sheets while the consultant has just bought herself some, doesn't allow for much surprise at the punchline.

I really didn't see that coming. I must be uber oblivious.

I also (as good as) never notice those kinds of joke set-ups. It's fantastic not to be a writer. You get so much more enjoyment. :)

I knew what was coming with the web page at the end, but it was still great when it happened (well, not great, but fist-biting stuff)

Every episode gets better and better. Pippa is so unbearable, as is Den.

Den's fake smile is a particular gem... and Hilary saying 'front bum' also sounds terribly creepy...

Good start to the new series. And Hilary Loftus is a weirdly brilliant creation. Such pent up rage.

Nice to see the sexy Cush Jumbo back too. Or whatever the cheerful black woman is called.

I'm still enjoying it but this series seems to have lost touch with reality slightly. Kim training to be a Doctor? Den turning into Lady Macbeth and scheming against everyone? It's a tad unbelievable and edging dangerously close to shark jumping.

Quote: chipolata @ October 27 2012, 8:49 PM BST

Good start to the new series. And Hilary Loftus is a weirdly brilliant creation. Such pent up rage.

Nice to see the sexy Cush Jumbo back too. Or whatever the cheerful black woman is called.

Agreed on both points. Lovely Matron Damaris. Cush Jumbo sounds like it could be the name of fizzy drink.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:15 AM GMT

I'm still enjoying it but this series seems to have lost touch with reality slightly. Kim training to be a Doctor? Den turning into Lady Macbeth and scheming against everyone? It's a tad unbelievable and edging dangerously close to shark jumping.

I enjoyed it much more this week as it seemed to row back from the absurdities of recent episodes. And I quite like the angry militant class war nurse.

Quote: chipolata @ November 16 2012, 10:40 AM GMT

I enjoyed it much more this week as it seemed to row back from the absurdities of recent episodes.

I assume you haven't spent time in an NHS hospital recently?
:D Or you would realise many of the antics portrayed in Getting On are uncomfortably close to reality! Unfortunately!

A brilliant series. Always amusing, but this week's episode was laugh-out-loud funny, with the accidental emailing to all the staff of a Christmas card, showing a patient's vulva. Laughing out loud

That was such a brilliant episode.
There will be more won't there? :(

I wish that woman wouldn't bloody talk over the closing theme every week. It's only about 20 seconds long, keep your trap shut.

Quote: zooo @ November 21 2012, 10:34 PM GMT

That was such a brilliant episode.
There will be more won't there? :(

I wish that woman wouldn't bloody talk over the closing theme every week. It's only about 20 seconds long, keep your trap shut.

Innit, and f**king innit! *Takes it to TTPYO*

Is this getting a fourth series?

I finally got around to completing watching this series! Woohoo!

Good stuff as per usual. Very funny, I thought. Everything vagina-related was just funny with Vicky Pepperdine saying it so straight-faced. Jo Brand was much funnier this series, as she gets less restrained around the doctors. And Josh's not speaking in any scene is always funnier.

Hope there's more. Is there more? Does anyone know?

Dan

The third series wasn't quite up to the standard of earlier series, but still a shame they'll be no more. Be interested to see their dog sitcom, though.