Current radio comedy Page 106

Have been really enjoying Meet David Sedaris. It's just so brilliantly funny and dark.

The BBC put the News Quiz USA on the comedy of the week podcast. It's just so awkward.

Yes, Sedaris has always been good value. Is News Quiz USA a repeat? I couldn't get through more than 10 minutes of it first time around.

Quote: italophile @ October 15 2012, 7:47 AM BST

Yes, Sedaris has always been good value. Is News Quiz USA a repeat? I couldn't get through more than 10 minutes of it first time around.

No it's a new one. Andy Borowitz was the host this time around.

Oh John Finnermore's Souvenir Programme has been delightful. Brilliantly written and acted with very clever and original ideas.

Yup. Finnemore gets better and better as a writer. The moth sketch was outstanding. Not a bad performer either.

I keep catching up with Robin and Wendy's Wet Weekend on 4 Extra. It's wonderfully blackly funny.

Andrew Lawrence How did we end up like this? really enjoyed first one, I think lawrence is one of the most talented comics on the circuit today, I recommend it! :)

Listened to the recently rediscovered pilot of Parsley Sidings on BBC Radio 4 Extra. It was enjoyable and there some laughs, but the problem is that you can't help but think of Arthur Lowe and Ian Lavender as being Mainwaring and Pike, because the roles in both shows are so similar.

Parsley Sidings has quite a following amongst many Dad's Army fans but I've never understood why beyond affection for Arthur Lowe. Its humour is limp and obvious, trading on the original characters.

Ditto It Sticks Out Half A Mile which reunited Lowe and John LeMesurier in a literal sequel to Dad's Army with the roles reversed, Lowe forced by circumstances to be subordinate to LeMesurier in civvy life. Only the pilot was made before Lowe died, but it was written by Snoad and Knowles - who adapted the Dad's Army TV scripts for radio - and it was a poor copy of the original.

Well, concerning It Sticks Out Half A Mile, Lowe and Le Mesurier were only united for the pilot because Lowe died after soon afterwards. In the actual series he was replaced with Lavander and Bill Pertwee.

Yes, I was talking about the pilot. Actually heard it again the other day. It was a poor copy of Dad's Army with the roles reversed.

Funny request but does anyone know the name of the baby mentioned in a recent episode of 'Party' broascast on Radio 4?
many thanks :D

Ed Reardon special on Saturday radio 4 Extra. Hooray! :)

Not so much a special as 6 eps of the series, methinks. The usual Comedy Controller format.

Quote: italophile @ November 9 2012, 9:03 AM GMT

Not so much a special as 6 eps of the series, methinks. The usual Comedy Controller format.

Yea but with Reardon introducing them, any Reardon is good in my opinion :)

Quote: Pingl @ November 6 2012, 1:42 PM GMT

Ed Reardon special on Saturday radio 4 Extra. Hooray! :)

Yaaaaaay!
I was already getting withdrawal and searching Andrew Nickolds' facebook page for clues about the next series.