Alan Partridge: Welcome To The Places Of My Life Page 2

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 26 2012, 5:20 PM BST

Sounds like it was a bit of a let down. :( Shame.

I didn't think it was a letdown in the slightest. I thought it was superb - probably the best Partridge for years.

As was said above, the glory is in the detail and the subtelty.

The vicar scene was brilliant - topped off with some obvious rapid editing by Partridge to cut what was obviously another pause-filled response into a snappy 5 second sound-bite.

Quote: chipolata @ June 26 2012, 4:52 PM BST

Just Freeview. Cool

Ah. Well. There are ways, of course.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 26 2012, 5:20 PM BST

Sounds like it was a bit of a let down. :( Shame.

I'll watch it later, maybe.

It's had nothing but solid reviews so no, not a let down at all. Just copping the repeat as I type, some of the scenes are even funnier on second watch, it's very good!

Having watched the first parts of this through other means I found this to be incredibly enjoyable.

My only slight gripe so far is Alan smiling at the thought of Hitler. I mean, I know he's meant to be a right-wing bigot, but a Hitler supporter? Went a bit too far in my opinion. Other than that though very, very good stuff with some cracking lines.

"A Partridge pilgrimage.
A Partrimage.
A Pilgrimartridge.
A Partrimiligrimage."

Great stuff. :D

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ June 27 2012, 3:30 PM BST

My only slight gripe so far is Alan smiling at the thought of Hitler. I mean, I know he's meant to be a right-wing bigot, but a Hitler supporter? Went a bit too far in my opinion.

I thought it was more that he was smiling as he imagined himself up there addressing the massed crowds below. For a second he was able to imagine having the public appeal and adoration that Hitler enjoyed - but not necessarily wanting to invade Poland.

Quote: PhilSug @ June 27 2012, 9:40 PM BST

I thought it was more that he was smiling as he imagined himself up there addressing the massed crowds below. For a second he was able to imagine having the public appeal and adoration that Hitler enjoyed - but not necessarily wanting to invade Poland.

Ahh, that's probably it. Youre clearly not so literally minded when it comes to jokes as me. :)

I found this show a disappointment and rather bereft of laughs. I felt the concept of the show would have worked as a short segment on Knowing Me, Knowing You, but the format tired pretty quickly as it was.

Just caught up on this. I thought it was brilliant apart from a slight lull in the middle. Maybe an hour was a bit too long. Agreed, that there were some cracking lines though. Great to have him back!

Quote: Aaron @ June 26 2012, 1:35 PM BST

You have Sky1 on Virgin, right? If so, it's repeated there at 10pm on Friday.

Cheers Aaron.

Recording it tonight.

I loved his excellent smug skiing.

Yes that was great. Agree it was a tad long though.

I loved this so much, funniest thing I have seen in ages. I didn't think it was long enough!

This was ok but I think the absence of Armando Iannucci, Peter Baynham and Patrick Marber was certainly felt. It felt like Partridge-lite.

Brilliant I thought; didn't feel long to me, was only 40 mins minus the ads. Every little section worked, and I loved the fairly subtle medical worry Partridge was going through in the background. Top notch Alan.

Quote: Nick @ July 1 2012, 11:34 AM BST

This was ok but I think the absence of Armando Iannucci, Peter Baynham and Patrick Marber was certainly felt. It felt like Partridge-lite.

Marber? The last Partridge he had a hand in so far was way back in the mid-nineties.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 1 2012, 11:57 AM BST

Marber? The last Partridge he had a hand in so far was way back in the mid-nineties.

Indeed but he is one of the key people in the character's history and one of the main writers responsible for Alan Partridge's and Steve Coogan's success.

I don't think this was bad but it is the first TV Partridge not to have contained stuff from Iannucci, Marber or Baynham I believe and their writing talents and styles were missed imo. The tone felt very different and so did the character...