I read the news today oh boy! Page 811

This one looks about six months gone. Defo scary.

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel reached out to new French President Francois Hollande on Sunday evening, inviting him to Berlin"

Listen baldy, get your arse over to my office by Friday.

Quote: DaButt @ May 11 2012, 2:08 PM BST

A politician telling the truth is always a good thing. A politician lying in order to get elected is always a bad thing.

Come on, you must be able to see the positive message that puts out. If he's lying, he's lying, but the fact that he, in his position, said such a thing clearly sends a rather nice, progressive, tolerant message to most, whatever the reason behind it. It just does.

Quote: DaButt @ May 10 2012, 3:11 PM BST

Then the UK must be using the term improperly. Those are clearly shrimp in the links you posted.

P.S. Olive Garden? Sick

Hang on. It's our language. You're the ones who decided to use it - after dismissing German.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-18028722

Our favourite domestic abuse victim is back in the news and man, are they lavishing the sympathy on her big time. In the report, she says that after getting her eyeballs popped out, she no longer loves her abuser. I guess some people just need that extra kick up the arse repeated punches in the face being permanently blinded motivation before they admit something is wrong in a relationship.

She was unfortunately quoted as saying she felt like a ghost - which immediately made me think of the Ricky Gervais podcast in which Karl said he didn't want to donate his eyes to science because he'd be a blind ghost.

Yeah, that bitch...

Quote: zooo @ May 11 2012, 3:43 PM BST

Yeah, that bitch...

She will now become a super celebrity and a spokesperson for domestic abuse because she is so intelligent and wise.

I wonder what her kids will do now that there's no longer the entertainment value of their Mum being beaten in front of them?

She clearly should have left him, she clearly was a bit messed up in the head not too, but at the end of the day, she had her eyes ripped out. Being stupid/sick enough to stay with someone who could do that does not mean you deserve that end reult, so a little sympathy wouldn't seem entirely out of the question.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 11 2012, 3:50 PM BST

She clearly should have left him, she clearly was a bit messed up in the head not too, but at the end of the day, she had her eyes ripped out. Being stupid/sick enough to stay with someone who could do that does not mean you deserve that end reult, so a little sympathy wouldn't seem entirely out of the question.

A little sympathy I could understand, but the media have gone overboard with this idiot who allowed a disgustingly violent man into her home and exposed all kinds of unnecessary trauma on her children.

People talk about 'love' as being the excuse, didn't she 'love' her children enough not to put them through this catastrophe?

And let's not even get into the financial costs that we the taxpayer have had to stump up for this moron - several police visits, hospital trips, operations, court trials, etc. and now she's on disability - though at least she's not faking that, so every cloud, etc.

The media has turned this victim into a saint and condoned a pattern of behaviour that should be stopped.

I've not seen her anywhere, I think you're blowing their 'saint making' slightly out of proportion.
(RC, blowing something out of proportion? Madness!)

Quote: zooo @ May 11 2012, 4:01 PM BST

I've not seen her anywhere, I think you're blowing their 'saint making' slightly out of proportion.
(RC, blowing something out of proportion? Madness!)

She was featured heavily on the 1 O'Clock BBC National News - so that is pretty heavy coverage and she has stated that she will now become a spokesperson for domestic abuse.

If you watch the report, you will see the reverential way in which the reporter addresses her - he repeatedly calls her brave. Meanwhile, the really horrible violent crimes against women including all of the honour killings, 12 year old brides, female circumcisions, sex trafficking, predatory gangs and petrol covered divorces will be willfully ignored because they aren't white British and they don't look good as a Take A Break cover story.

I fully expect Blindy McStupid to appear on every single daytime chat show to recount her harrowing tale of 'bravery', even though unlike the above mentioned crimes, she could have stopped the abuse at any time.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 3:57 PM BST

The media has turned this victim into a saint and condoned a pattern of behaviour that should be stopped.

That being the case, it would seem to me that it should be the media who should bear the brunt of your ridicule and ire, not some damaged, weak woman.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 4:09 PM BST

Meanwhile, the really horrible violent crimes against women including all of the honour killings, 12 year old brides, female circumcisions, sex trafficking, predatory gangs and petrol covered divorces

I suppose having your eyes taken away is pretty mild.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 3:57 PM BST

A little sympathy I could understand, but the media have gone overboard with this idiot who allowed a disgustingly violent man into her home and exposed all kinds of unnecessary trauma on her children.

People talk about 'love' as being the excuse, didn't she 'love' her children enough not to put them through this catastrophe?

And let's not even get into the financial costs that we the taxpayer have had to stump up for this moron - several police visits, hospital trips, operations, court trials, etc. and now she's on disability - though at least she's not faking that, so every cloud, etc.

Look RC. There re 1000s of stupid women like that around. Some even enjoy being beaten. But I think you've really overstretched the mark this time. Yes - I know this is a comedy web site and we should be able to see the funny side in most things but she had her eyes gouged out. Obviously she's now blind and apart from that handicapm she's going to have untold problems in the rest of her life. Yes - it's Ok to make little jokes but you really are VERY SICK!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 4:09 PM BST

If you watch the report, you will see the reverential way in which the reporter addresses her - he repeatedly calls her brave.

Come on everyone gets called these days, twats who wonder into tigers enclosures, suicide bombers, shop lifters, shirt lifters

are there any cowards left?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 11 2012, 4:11 PM BST

That being the case, it would seem to me that it should be the media who should bear the brunt of your ridicule and ire, not some damaged, weak woman.

The media wouldn't be able to sensationalise it if it didn't happen. Plus, I'm still waiting for this woman to say - 'I'm really sorry for causing all of this trouble, I shouldn't have lied to the police, I should have protected my children, I feel really guilty about the whole thing' - but that ain't gonna happen.

The bloke who did this horrendous act will now, quite rightly, spend the rest of his life behind bars - but only because of the media frenzy surrounding this case. A few years ago, there was a tiny story in the Hackney Gazette about a man who poked his girlfriend's eye out with a broom - he only got six years - but he was black and she was white and they were both druggies, so they didn't merit enough media interest.

So let that be a lesson to you ladies, if you are the victim of domestic abuse, make sure you are white and photogenic. If you're an overweight Asian woman and you get acid thrown in your face, then forget it, we've already got a pretty blonde model to sympathise over.

Quote: Chappers @ May 11 2012, 4:13 PM BST

. Yes - it's Ok to make little jokes but you really are VERY SICK!

No Chappers, I am not, I am merely pointing out that someone did something very stupid and has been rewarded for their actions.

You immediately feel so much strong sympathy for this woman, that anyone who does not share your view is 'very sick'. Of course, if someone was blinded whilst out fox hunting, I'm sure your view would be exactly the same.

Unimpressed