I read the news today oh boy! Page 816

Well no that'd be like a confession.

But in white on black crime it's pretty much always assumed (infairness its often the case)

Quote: sootyj @ May 17 2012, 1:00 PM BST

Well no that'd be like a confession.

But in white on black crime it's pretty much always assumed (infairness its often the case)

Assumptions don't help. As I posted earlier in this thread, there were cases of some Indian students been attacked in Melbourne a few years ago. It has since come out that in at least one of these cases that it was random. Anyone been attacked is horrible and the attackers should be punished, I just think that in end labeleing something as a racial attack based on assumptions make it worse.
It's only going to increase tensions.

I have no law degree or anything though so I'm probably wrong.

No I agree

my mum was involved in the "hate speach" legislation in RUssia after the USSR fell. Legislating against political groups who encourage violence against ethnic minorities and actually assault and kill people. Is qualitatively diferent to assuming a guy who shot a suspected burglar is a probable racist.

Quote: Chappers @ May 16 2012, 3:49 PM BST

Well if you've only got a couple of kids it's eadier to save them from a burning house - plus be able to afford to look after them properly.

As one of eight kids I can knock that predjudice on the head right now....ok, numbers wise, two would have been easier to rescue...who knows though as it depends on the conditions of the fire itself and a whole lot of other factors, but to presume a large amount of kids equals not being able to afford to look after them properly is just wrong. We had little money in our house but it didn't mean we were neglected or not looked after properly. It's not all about the money as the song goes.

To assume someone is racist because he is white is itself a racist assumption.

Quote: Nogget @ May 17 2012, 1:20 PM BST

To assume someone is racist because he is white is itself a racist assumption.

To assume someone assumes someone is racist because they are assuming another person is racist.

Is racist.

As I am assuming that someone assumes someone is racist because they are assuming another person is racist.

That makes me racist,if you agree with me then you are assuming that I am someone who assumes someone is racist because they are assuming another person is racist.

Which is even more racist.

Quote: sootyj @ May 17 2012, 1:23 PM BST

That makes me racist,if you agree with me then you are assuming that I am someone who assumes someone is racist because they are assuming another person is racist.

I wouldn't say you were racist sooty - prejudiced, bigoted, culturally insensitive, intolerant and a great big poopy head - but racist? No.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 17 2012, 2:25 PM BST

I wouldn't say you were racist sooty - prejudiced, bigoted, culturally insensitive, intolerant and a great big poopy head - but racist? No.

I wouldn't say you were racist Renegade.

Not after you stabbed that Rumanian beggar last week and took his genitals as your prize.

Quote: reds @ May 17 2012, 12:54 PM BST

But has he given any indication that he assumed the boy was a crook only because he was black? Or is this just assumption from others?

100% assumption. Despite the fact that Zimmerman has black friends, black family members, mentored black children, rallied in support of a black man who was killed by cops in his town, has been supported by blacks in the gated community and is part black himself, the narrative has been established: he's a white guy who pursued and killed Trayvon because he was black.

The media has lent this narrative their wholehearted support, even going so far as to willfully manipulate the facts in order to convince the people that Zimmerman is a racist, the most infamous being ABC's decision to edit the 911 recording from:

Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

Dispatcher, "OK, and this guy, is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman, "He looks black."

To:

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

Throw Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers and President Obama into the mix and we have a race crisis. It will all end up something like this:

1) Zimmerman will be convicted of the crime of self-defence.

or

2) If acquitted, there will be riots.

a) If acquitted, he will be charged by the federal government to appease the rioters.

The case it's a hate crime is so unbelievably weak I doubt it'll go anywhere. And lets be honest Barack is no grandstanding lefty. He's cold blood and practical.

It's a bit of a dead herring. And for all the noise AL Franklin makes all he commands are minority votes Obama's already got.

The question is still and always was, "Did Zimmerman act in an needlessly aggressive way that lead to the death of Crayon\?"

The hate crime business is piss and wind.

I doubt there are going to be any riots.

Quote: sootyj @ May 17 2012, 3:09 PM BST

I doubt there are going to be any riots.

You have lost your grip on reality.

When was the last time you had any real riots in the US? aside from all that globalisation and occupy nonsense?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States#2010s

I stand corrected you guys are nutz for riotz.

Quote: sootyj @ May 17 2012, 3:17 PM BST

When was the last time you had any real riots in the US? aside from all that globalisation and occupy nonsense?

Talk to anyone who was in L.A. in 1992 and see what they have to say. This wasn't just your ordinary "let's steal and burn some stuff" riot, it was a "let's kill all the whites and Koreans" riot. That's what we're looking at if Zimmerman is acquitted and that's why I expect he'll never be allowed a fair trial. The (race) cards are stacked against him.

A taste of 1992: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2pRnBgeBU

Were those the Rodney King Riots?

C'mon that's a little different. I mean that's the police beating the shit out of some guy on limited evidence and getting away with it.

http://newsflavor.com/world/usa-canada/fullerton-cops-beat-homeless-man-to-death-disturbing-footage-and-image/

Besides no one rioted over this poor SOB

Quote: sootyj @ May 17 2012, 3:30 PM BST

Were those the Rodney King Riots?

C'mon that's a little different. I mean that's the police beating the shit out of some guy on limited evidence and getting away with it.

Limited evidence? It was a drunk leading the police on a chase through the city -- what more evidence do you need?

King deserved the initial beating (the press famously edited out the beginning of the video where he charged at the officers) but the continued beating after he was on the ground went to far.

The parallels with the Trayvon case are there: it became a media circus, blasted in our faces day after day, week after week. It became a racially charged issue and the die was cast for rioting if the cops weren't convicted. They weren't, several days of murderous riots took place and didn't subside until the military rolled in and then the feds charged and convicted the cops. I expect the same result in the Trayvon case, with the possible exception that the state may ensure Zimmerman's conviction in order to avoid the riots altogether.

http://newsflavor.com/world/usa-canada/fullerton-cops-beat-homeless-man-to-death-disturbing-footage-and-image/
Besides no one rioted over this poor SOB

It wasn't a black man being beaten by white men. It also wasn't thrust in our faces twenty times a day for weeks on end by the media. There have already been several black-on-white beatings where the victim was told that it was "justice for Trayvon." The anger is out there. I'll bet you a pint that there will be riots if Zimmerman is acquitted.