Bernard Manning Page 5

I found Bernard Manning quite funny and so did most of my pals. Everyone was fair game for him.

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 23 2007, 1:35 AM BST

Britains worst all time comedian.

Take this back now, having watched a bit of his stuff, talk about being influenced by the media.
Chubby Brown was playing in my town a few months ago, my mates were going to see him, they asked me if I fancied it. My first thought was, I have never seen any of his work, so I got it up on YouTube. It was absolute shite, just constantly saying f**k/c**t, getting high amounts of laughter from the audience. Just not funny. As you expect on YouTube, watch Chubby Brown, Bernard Manning comes up on recommended videos. I thought I've not really seen much of him either (just on archive shows made to prove a point he's racist etc. so they just show him at his worst). So I watched a bit of it with my mate. We were both pissing ourselves, very very funny stuff. A lot of his material is dated, but he's a master joke teller and I thought it was quite funny.
He did work till he dropped in his club up north. Was a working man. Peter Kay apparently was a massive fan who wanted him to play Den Perry in Phoenix Nights, but he refused.
At the end of the day he was a comedian from a bygone age. As a result of this, much of his material was racist, but also as a result of it being from a bygone age, a lot of his jokes were well thought out and really funny, which is more than what can be said for many of the mainstream comedians today.
I'm going to get laid into now aren't I?

Saw a Chubby Brown routine going on about those effin' Muslims believing in reincarnation and did some gags around this unknown fact.
This makes him the thickest comedian I have ever seen. What a twat!

I always liked Bernard Manning's tribute to The Smiths: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5cS0bZiJ1Q

Quote: Kenneth @ April 20 2012, 11:55 AM BST

I always liked Bernard Manning's tribute to The Smiths: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5cS0bZiJ1Q

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 20 2012, 11:01 AM BST

I'm going to get laid into now aren't I?

Not by me Ode Pal !

:P