The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 62

does anyone have any stats regarding how many of the final 16 each year are written by beginners and how many by people who have written for years?

I severely doubt it. Unless there was a box to fill in on the application form.

Quote: andy hardaker @ March 2 2012, 11:05 AM GMT

does anyone have any stats regarding how many of the final 16 each year are written by beginners and how many by people who have written for years?

Not exactly sure how that information would be useful?

Something to idly wonder to pass the time!

How about this one: bets on how many of the 32 will be from female writers (or with one-or-more female writers in the case of joint efforts).

I'm going to guess 12.

Quote: andyblacksheep @ March 2 2012, 12:59 PM GMT

Something to idly wonder to pass the time!

How about this one: bets on how many of the 32 will be from female writers (or with one-or-more female writers in the case of joint efforts).

I'm going to guess 12.

I'm guessing 8 and the winner is female.

Quote: bluer than blue @ March 2 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

I'm guessing 8.

I bet 5.

Anyone had the second part of their feedback yet?

Quote: Lazzard @ March 2 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

Anyone had the second part of their feedback yet?

No. Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

But I'm not bothered. Totally relaxed about the whole thing. Whatever...

Quote: sarahbean @ March 2 2012, 2:10 PM GMT

No. Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

But I'm not bothered. Totally relaxed about the whole thing. Whatever...

Where you happy with the first crit?

I was happy with my first crit. Not that it was a 'good review' but rather it pointed out a lot of mistakes which I think helps for the future regardless of winning / losing here.

Quote: Lazzard @ March 2 2012, 2:47 PM GMT

Where you happy with the first crit?

Yes. Very. It was very detailed and constructive.

Were you happy with yours?

The first feedback from Simon was very detailed and gave specific examples where my script was good and where it sucked. I really feel like he read the script and put quite a bit of time into my script. It was worth the money. I haven't received the second part of the feedback so far but I hope it's just as professional.

Quote: sarahbean @ March 2 2012, 3:17 PM GMT

Yes. Very. It was very detailed and constructive.

Were you happy with yours?

Very much.
Quite a lot of practical staging stuff which I hadn't thought through as well as specific constructive advice.
It made me think - which is the best you can hope for really.

PS Mind you, if they don't hurry up and deliver the second 'tranche' I might be forced to dramatically downgrade my opinion!!! I'm hanging in rags here!

Quote: Lazzard @ March 2 2012, 4:27 PM GMT

Very much.
Quite a lot of practical staging stuff which I hadn't thought through as well as specific constructive advice.
It made me think - which is the best you can hope for really.

PS Mind you, if they don't hurry up and deliver the second 'tranche' I might be forced to dramatically downgrade my opinion!!! I'm hanging in rags here!

Was this staging stuff specific to the competition or to sitcom writing in general?

Quote: Marc P @ March 2 2012, 10:10 PM GMT

Was this staging stuff specific to the competition or to sitcom writing in general?

The competition.
Not really relevant to a TV Sitcom but obviously crucial in terms of this competition.
My mistake was not to write in play format, I think.
I kept it stageable (IMHO) but used all the usual screenwriting terminology - so I was getting pulled up on 'Cut To's' etc.