Is cyber stalking a real problem? Page 6

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2012, 6:19 AM GMT

Seeing how this thread is going, I have decided to post pictures of me torturing animals.

This squirrel is seeing his wife on visiting day at my squirrel prison.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 8 2012, 12:29 AM GMT

You're quite right, I will.

After the last few days, which featured a couple of hefty writing rejections, I've pretty much had it with comedy writing, trying to write anything funny or, indeed, discussing comedy in any form. So it's probably best not to be hanging around a comedy website, is it?

Cheers.

Please don't leave. Without writers this forum would be nothing. Sorry to all the glass collectors and sweeper-uppers.

But you should give up comedy writing - it's a pointless and reactionary contortion of decent writing imperatives. No good will come of it even if you gervais and become a millionaire/c**t.

If you keep getting rejected then try a different angle. Make your own comedy. Become a standup if you can't shoot your own sketches or find someone to team up with who can.

It would be nice to earn a living writing comedy but I don't think that should be the main aspiration. Write what you want to write and love. Enjoy it and damn, don't make it hard work. Where's the fun in that?

Quote: Lee @ February 8 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

If you keep getting rejected then try a different angle. Make your own comedy. Become a standup if you can't shoot your own sketches or find someone to team up with who can.

It would be nice to earn a living writing comedy but I don't think that should be the main aspiration. Write what you want to write and love. Enjoy it and damn, don't make it hard work. Where's the fun in that?

It's not fun. It's hard work. For little is any reward. Much like life.

Quote: Gavin @ February 8 2012, 12:07 PM GMT

Then why do you do it?

Quote: Lee @ February 8 2012, 12:09 PM GMT

Then why do you do it?

*Shrug* Better than getting someone pregnant and listening to them talk to you all day.

Plus learning new stuff is good to keep mind active.

Quote: Gavin @ February 8 2012, 12:11 PM GMT

*Shrug* Better than getting someone pregnant and listening to them talk to you all day.

Plus learning new stuff is good to keep mind active.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee @ February 8 2012, 12:15 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Wave I here all night ladies ;)

Quote: Gavin @ February 8 2012, 12:07 PM GMT

from the guy about to go all the way

Where is Aaron when stuff is 'off post'? Suppose I am stalking him! :)

Off post only really applies to discussion about actual you know British comedy.

I assure one post about my chronic flatulence in the Terry and June thread. And I'm greyed out faster than the Japanese demographic time bomb.

;)I wonder if Dabutt understands that one? He rarely understands me, but that one has flown completely over my head.

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2012, 5:19 PM GMT

Off post only really applies to discussion about actual you know British comedy.

I assure one post about my chronic flatulence in the Terry and June thread. And I'm greyed out faster than the Japanese demographic time bomb.

Translation:

Posts aren't marked as off-topic in the General Discussion section of the forum. But one post about Sooty's farts in the Terry and June thread and his post turns gray faster than the nation of Japan and its rapidly aging population.

Quote: dellas @ February 8 2012, 4:56 PM GMT

Where is Aaron when stuff is 'off post'? Suppose I am stalking him! :)

As my little "Welcome to General Discussion" bit says.... anything goes here apart from people being real arse holes... and even then it takes a lot to get banned.

I found out last night my boyfriend comes on here and reads what I'm writing - even though he doesn't have an account. So can you guys please continue your affairs with me over PM please.

I thank you.

But we aren't having an affair?

Want to?

PM me.