Sitcom name needed!

Hi guys, Ok this is getting to me now. Some of you have had a glance at my sitcom that I have poorly named "three's a crowd" until I could think of another name and have had little success.

To those who don't know what it is, basically its about three young men who have left uni and have decided to pool there money to by a house, two have good jobs which helped and the other guy doesn’t and basically lives of an inheritance from his granny and basically this is another step forward from university if you will.

Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion on a name, please give me a suggestion (serious suggestions only please).

Thanks!

A nod at an old fave: And Scrounger makes Three or more seriously, Stepping Stones

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

or vice versa...

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

Threedom - because there is three of them and because they have just left Uni, hence been 'free'.

I've not actually seen the script which allows me to think that if you ever rewrote it you could get the 2 guys with jobs to rent a flat from the other one's granny, then you could call it - wait for it - 'The Granny Flat'!

Yeah, I know, I'll get me coat.

Three as a Bird.

My mates my date.

or

46 Green Drive or whatever there addy is

Or

That Blokes my Buddy

Some good ideas there, Paul.
On a more serious note, I get the idea from a couple of your posts that you think people have been pretty harsh and critical about some of your work. I took the trouble to read back what was said about your sitcom, which in another thread you said had got panned (I'm paraphrasing here). As far as I could see you got 90% encouragement and good advice. Let's be clear here: if you put stuff on the Critique forum, you will get some critique. Not all of it will be good. But most people who contribute to this site (and this is one of the reasons I am on here) are entirely interested in helping others (and themselves, natch) to be funnier. Nobody worth their salt says anything critical without a reason. And it's a lot easier to get criticism on here than from someone else.
But... you might be wondering why I'm writing this. It's merely because in a forum/email type exchange the nuances of things can be lost. I expect and hope that you are a confident young writer who will keep coming back for more, but I'm a bit concerned by your tone. Don't be put off. We need you and people like you. You might well know better than us. Keep at it.

Nearly forgot - who gives a shit about the title? Write a good episode and it will work, whatever the title. And once you have a 100% good episode a title will be easier.

How about "The Uni-cycle"? They've left one stage of life (Uni) and the cycle continues to the next stage (home co-ownership).

If one managed to "catch a new sitcom on the other night" and "can't remember what it's called" then the "ah! I bet that's it!" scenario can occur as one looks at the listings (provided the name reflects the situation and has a comedic element to it). Therefore choosing the right name can help keep an audience tuning back in during the early days.

Haven't read your submission so I'm not sure what your theme is, so forgive me if I'm well off.

-Kyle

i'm shat with titles but if i was to name this it would be
"two's company three..aint"
(as i said i'm crap with titles)

Actually some are quite good, hotzappa when I was thinking of names "2 Steps forward, 1 Step Back" was one of my first ideas but I felt it was too long.

I like "threedom" it’s snappy.

Badge, I was expecting criticism I always except it I was merely saying that people didn't find it very good, that’s why I’m am working hard in re-writes to make it easier on the eye.

Thanks guys keep em coming

Much the same way, you could have Threesum as they've pooled their cash together. Though I personally prefer Martin's Threedom too.

150% Mortgage -- if one of them is a waster? Maybe too deep.

Pool House

Rule of Three -- comedy writers' in-joke.

Cheers

Dan

Threeloader

how about

"life begins at twenty"

of course you can forget that if their house is number 17

Johnny26

or maybe

"two up one down"

Johnny26

Adapting Johnny's idea, there are lots of options just based on the number of the house, or the street name - e.g. 31-something - but I reiterate, the title is not that important right now (though I accept that a brilliant title can help). The characters and plot are important. Obviously. Don't get hung up. I am sure that if you write a couple of episodes that you are happy with, then you will KNOW what it should be called.
And then, if it gets made, some TV exec will change the name anyway.

well I have decided on threedom for now anyway. I like it (it sounds like threesome).

Yeah plot and characters are more important I know that, the name thing was just getting to me.