Christmas 2011 Page 2

Quote: KLRiley @ November 24 2011, 11:35 AM GMT

The answer may well be out there but is Mr Armstrong playing a new character or Mr Smith?

Different character.

The schedules are a slightly mixed bag this year. There aren't really any big-hitting TV 'events' comedy-wise, but there are a lot of individual shows that I'm really quite looking forward to. Particular nod to The Bleak Old Shop Of Stuff.

Indulge in our Christmas TV feature and see if anything catches your eye: https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/christmas_highlights_2011/

Quote: Aaron @ November 28 2011, 3:56 AM GMT

Indulge in our Christmas TV feature and see if anything catches your eye: https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/christmas_highlights_2011/

The Beeb have changed their schedules; everything on Christmas Eve has been shunted back about 20 mins, and Mrs Brown's Boys and The Royal Bodyguard have swapped over (the former on Boxing Day after a Christmas edition of John Bishop's Britain, the latter on Christmas Day before Ab Fab). They're likely to change the Christmas Day schedules again at some point in the next week.

Quote: Aaron @ November 28 2011, 3:56 AM GMT

The schedules are a slightly mixed bag this year. There aren't really any big-hitting TV 'events' comedy-wise, but there are a lot of individual shows that I'm really quite looking forward to. Particular nod to The Bleak Old Shop Of Stuff.

I thought you told me Bleak Old Shop of Stuff was airing Christmas Eve?

They rescheduled it. If you read the guide there it even tells you why.

Quote: zooo @ November 29 2011, 1:09 AM GMT

They rescheduled it. If you read the guide there it even tells you why.

Aaron told me he has insder info and was sure it was airing Christmas Eve, even though I told him that nothing can be confirmed so far in advance. I did tell him... Cool

It was originally planned for Christmas Eve. I've known shows in the past that knew in the summer that they were making an episode for Christmas Day, so our being able to report in September that this was going for a CE slot is not impossible. As proven with a last minute switch of Mongrels earlier tonight, nothing can really be 'confirmed' until the end creits have rolled, and all scheduling should be understood on this basis. Our information at the time was correct and reliable: that this particular episode is now on a few day earlier does not change that it had been pencilled in for broadcast on Christmas Eve. :)

Hope that clears that up...

Quote: KLRiley @ November 24 2011, 11:35 AM GMT

The answer may well be out there but is Mr Armstrong playing a new character or Mr Smith?

It would be difficult bringing back Mr Smith now that Elisabeth Sladen's gone. Alexander plays an RAF Pilot, for some reason. I'm not bovvered...

I was wondering if people have any obscure or off the beaten TV track recommendations for Christmas?

One of my personal favourites is A Christmas Story

See Amazon product listing

I'm always surprised by how many people don't know Santa Claus The Movie, starring Dudley Moore and John Lithgow. Fantastic film.

Peter and the Wolf. Not expressly 'Christmas' but there is snow.

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ December 10 2011, 5:57 PM GMT

I was wondering if people have any obscure or off the beaten TV track recommendations for Christmas?

Turn the bloody television off for an hour or so and try Hancock . .

e.g.

Bill and Father Christmas ( Ho Ho Ho little boy, my boots are at the menders)

The Christmas Club (Turkey feet and chips )

Was wondering why Kevin Bridges is in the BBC Christmas ad?

I take it everyone in the ad will have something to do with the Christmas schedule.
Only thing I thought of was his show What's The Story but I thought I seen that it wasn't starting till February.

Are you quite sure it's him?

Oh yes, there he is. Lurking behind the Outnumbered children.

According to Sky One's Little Crackers trailer, Jack Whitehall and Shappi Khorsandi are two of "the biggest names in British Comedy".

Nepotism is a dangerous, dangerous thing.