Christmas 2011

BBC highlights announced today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/211111christmas.html

- Two episode of Absolutely Fabulous
- The Royal Bodyguard debuts
- The One.... Jasper Carrott, Lenny Henry, Griff Rhys Jones
- Lapland
- Bleak Old Shop of Stuff
- Specials of Michael McIntyre, Outnumbered, Rev and other regular shows.

So no Ask The Family, Call My Bluff or Top of the Form then?

:(

Humbug

No thanks Beeb

Thank God for DVDs

I think there might be a Royle Family special on too, and unless I've got it horribly wrong, a Gavin & Stacey one? Will watch Rev, Outnumbered and Ab Fab's.

The Royle Family special was cancelled because the writers never delivered a script on time.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ November 21 2011, 4:41 PM GMT

BBC highlights announced today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/211111christmas.html

- Two episode of Absolutely Fabulous
- The Royal Bodyguard debuts
- The One.... Jasper Carrott, Lenny Henry, Griff Rhys Jones
- Lapland
- Bleak Old Shop of Stuff
- Specials of Michael McIntyre, Outnumbered, Rev and other regular shows.

Plenty of information on almost all of those titles has been available here on the BCG for months. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 21 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

I think there might be a Royle Family special on too

Delayed to 2012.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 21 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

...and unless I've got it horribly wrong, a Gavin & Stacey one?

You have. Corden and Jones have just stated on occasion that they might bring it back for a special or two at some point.

Quote: Aaron @ November 22 2011, 4:45 PM GMT

Plenty of information on almost all of those titles has been available here on the BCG for months. :)

I'm sure information for all shows has been on here already. It's not a competition Aaron, this site isn't too shabby. Cool

Aaah Christmas, time to get the Marx Brothers and Bilko boxset out.

Worth noting on this comedy forum that funny types Bill Bailey and Arabella Weir are in Doctor Who's Christmas Special too.

Quote: Feeoree @ November 23 2011, 8:00 PM GMT

Worth noting on this comedy forum that funny types Bill Bailey and Arabella Weir are in Doctor Who's Christmas Special too.

As is Alexander Armstrong.

That is worth noting. Last year's Dr Who was a very enjoyable well-scripted episode, so fingers crossed and all that.

The answer may well be out there but is Mr Armstrong playing a new character or Mr Smith?

Do you limeys sit around watching reruns on the television on Christmas? We got this thing called internet over here, see. It's pretty nice. And girls' bottoms, which are also nice. Add some cheddar snacks and it's a party.

M

Limeys? Sorry, is your "internet" (no, clearly we don't have it...) in a bad 1960s film?

Quote: Mordred478 @ November 24 2011, 12:32 PM GMT

Add some cheddar snacks and it's a party.

M

We also invented Cheddar...