NaNoWriMo Page 29

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2011, 10:17 PM BST

I've just been wondering how the hell you knew I'd already started?

But then I read back, and realised I did it last year too...

I don't believe it! I thought of all the people on the BCG......

:D

I'm not really properly 'doing' Nano this year. But I started writing something new a few weeks ago, so I'm sort of jumping on the Nano wagon as an extra way of helping me write it more quickly.

Does this come round annually or every six months? Or is there another one that I'm confusing it with?
Whatever. will be signing up and seeing what I can do in terms of regular writing.

Once a year. They do Script Frenzy every year as well (in April or something), is that the other one you're thinking of?

Yes - National Novel Writing Month is November and Scriptfrenzy is April. They were talking about another project too I think. It is good motivation.

Cheers both. It must have been script frenzy that I registered for as it was earlier this year.
It's not so much that I want to write a book. I can and have done that. Rather I need to finish off at least one of the ideas that is cluttering up the datastick...

It's a good starting point though. Get the 50,000 words down - then go back to edit it at a later date.

Not that I have yet as I've completed this twice and SF on a couple of occasions. I've only gone to rework one of these though.

What with working long hours and having gigs and stuff to go to this month, I doubt I'll hit 50k, but I like that it'll give me an excuse to write a lot of stuff fast, and get on to making it a longer story.

I've had an idea for a book for ages, but decided to save it for NaNoWriMo so I could whack out something like 35-40k of it (could hit the 50k if I use EVERY second of spare time to write).

Aw, you can already update your wordcount!

I thought maybe that stuff wouldn't start until midnight California time. Mostly that's the timeline the site seems to run on.

Stop cheating zooo.

I've got to about 800 words so far.

Get a move on, I'm on 6,000...

Quote: zooo @ November 1 2011, 5:39 PM BST

Get a move on, I'm on 6,000...

So how long ago did you start? It's only 1st November.

Five minutes ago. I'm just quick.

Slugged it to 1,700 but really not sure whether it's what I want to be writing.

Quote: KLRiley @ November 1 2011, 9:49 PM GMT

Slugged it to 1,700 but really not sure whether it's what I want to be writing.

Funny you should say that - I've started this exercise a couple of times and abandoned it both time because I lost faith totally in what I was writing and stopped seeing the point.