NaNoWriMo Page 32

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 23rd September 2014, 9:16 AM BST

I think I'll be giving it another go this year, as Newsjack will have conveniently finished the week before.

Have done (and won) NaNoWriMo 5 times previously, 2007-2011. Though I've never continued with those novels outside of November. Will see if I can actually plot something this year rather than just being a pantser, and aim to carry it on after November and have something to show for it.

Yes - me too. I've "won it" twice myself.

Both sitting on my laptop waiting to be sharpened up and smoothed out.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd September 2014, 10:03 AM BST

Yes - me too. I've "won it" twice myself.

Both sitting on my laptop waiting to be sharpened up and smoothed out.

Mine abruptly stop, so I guess I'll probably try working out the ending first and working backwards for a change.

And two of them stop when they were handwritten. (From the days when I didn't have a portable computer) I don't think I have the will to type them up.

I'm in this year.

And hopefully hit 50k. If I like it, I'll spend early 2015 making it longer, then editing it to a proper full novel :)

Could we have a version of NaNaNo where we have to write as many radio plays as possible?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st October 2014, 10:15 AM GMT

Could we have a version of NaNaNo where we have to write as many radio plays as possible?

They had that as a separate event a while back entitled "ScriptFrenzy." Used to be in April. I think there are still people that do scripts in November under the NaNoWriMo.org banner. Check out their NaNo Rebels forum on their website.

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 23rd September 2014, 11:50 AM BST

Mine abruptly stop, so I guess I'll probably try working out the ending first and working backwards for a change.

Work out the ending? That's cheating!

I just start writing and see where it goes.

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 31st October 2014, 10:39 AM GMT

They had that as a separate event a while back entitled "ScriptFrenzy." Used to be in April. I think there are still people that do scripts in November under the NaNoWriMo.org banner. Check out their NaNo Rebels forum on their website.

I've got a couple of them too.

Planning to do this again this year. Maybe this time I'll prepare something.