Collections Page 4

Quote: EllieJP @ October 24 2011, 1:31 PM BST

It's the idiots that kill others because they inflate their life jackets inside the plane... meaning they block the exits so no one else can get out.

or crashing them into the world trade centre.

How many lives would ahve been saved, if the card had read

"don't crash plane into world trade centre when the red light is on"

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 24 2011, 1:36 PM BST

But if everyone inflates their jackets inside, then you can have some "It's a Knockout" style fun to pass the time as you all try to bounce your way through the exits

That is quite brilliant. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Gavin @ October 24 2011, 3:43 PM BST

That is quite brilliant. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Makes mental note never to fly with Sunshine or Gav.

Quote: zooo @ October 21 2011, 10:34 PM BST

What are scraps?

Here are a few from my ancient collection.

Ahhh, retro! I like.

Obviously I collect cold hard cash. I also collect:

Foreign money
Dedicated handsigned autographs (postal)
Old comedy DVDs
Joke books
Match magazines

Used to collect crisp packets and record the number and date I'd eaten the crisps

I found some Singapore dollars the other day.

I wouldn't say I collect it exactly, but I seem to buy a lot of carboot/secondhand shop china teacups and stuff, like this. Cor.

Star Wars
2000AD
Starblazer (sci fi version of Commano)
Starlord

Always like to have a collection of books that I would keep in shit hot order (people who turn pages or bend spines should be shot:

The Three Investigators (still have the 35 odd books I bought in the late 70's)
Sudden (cowboy series - don't know why cos I am not really a western fan)
Piers Anthony Sci fantasy - wasn't really a fantasy fan either
Star wars spin offs (not this new shit but Splinter, Han Solo trilogy, Lando Calrissian trilogy)

Now I suppose it's comedy related books and Flashman/ George McDonald Fraser books.

I did like the Han Solo trilogy, albeit the efforts to make him a bad ass crook were hilarious,

mineral water smuggling!

Starwars, Startrek etc up until the 1980s were written by proper scifi writers and were surprisingly good.

Quote: sootyj @ October 24 2011, 11:40 PM BST

I did like the Han Solo trilogy, albeit the efforts to make him a bad ass crook were hilarious,

mineral water smuggling!

Starwars, Startrek etc up until the 1980s were written by proper scifi writers and were surprisingly good.

Do you still have the Han Solos Soot? I shall post a picture here of mine tomorrow if I remember.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 24 2011, 11:43 PM BST

I shall post a picture here of mine tomorrow if I remember.

:O

Sootyj collects cold war stuff.

Books and DVDs mainly; Protect and Survive, London after the Bomb, War day, This is how the world ends, Threads, The day after etc etc

RPGs, especially 80s and 90s (has a very rare Dragon and White Dwarf 1 and Dune RPG)

Books by obscure scifi/horror writers like Robert Browning Silverberg.

Graphic novels of the 80s and 90s and a few of the new pretenders.

As you can imagine the girls can't keep their hands off of him!

Oh I did collect books about Chernobyl. I'm taking a little rest with that obsession for now.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 24 2011, 11:43 PM BST

Do you still have the Han Solos Soot? I shall post a picture here of mine tomorrow if I remember.

Some where, do you need them?

nb "how much for just the planet" best and possibly only funny star trek novel ever.

The fan wank stuff that came later are just awful.

Quote: zooo @ October 24 2011, 11:47 PM BST

Oh I did collect books about Chernobyl. I'm taking a little rest with that obsession for now.

I took and still do a weird sense of calm in reading about proper 1980s armagedon.

War Day by Whitley Streiber and Dean Koontz easily the best novel, Testament the best film (yes it's better than Threads)

Quote: sootyj @ October 24 2011, 11:49 PM BST

Some where, do you need them?

nb "how much for just the planet" best and possibly only funny star trek novel ever.

No don't need them Soot, just interested to see if anyone is as sad as me and keeps all their books.

As for Star Trek - have always hated it.

Quote: zooo @ October 24 2011, 11:46 PM BST

:O

Angelic Dirty girl