Collections

Has anyone here ever collected anything?
Comics, Star wars cards with those horrible chewing gums, stamps, cuddly toys, panini stickers.

Tell us about your interesting or uninteresting collections.

:) Steve mine is more hoarding stuff, old school books old postcards, but collect egg-cups, have about 21.

OH the post-cards are genuine World War 1 , from the soldiers, I have about 200.

In my childhood I collected stamps. Stupidly gave them to a young cousin who probably binned them. If I had them today some would probably have value. I tried to encourage my sons but it was short lived.

I don't really 'collect' anything. I just go through phases of really liking something and getting a lot of it.

And of course, all wee girls collected 'scraps'. I stll have some, but a wee arse of a boy stole some of my good ones (I was about 11at the time).

Quote: zooo @ October 21 2011, 10:31 PM BST

I don't really 'collect' anything. I just go through phases of really liking something and getting a lot of it.

To be honest, I now prefer to get rid of stuff, hate clutter.

What are scraps?

I loved 'scraps' spent many hours swapping them with my pals. I remember having quite an extensive marble collection for some reason, but nowadays it's shoes.

Aw, I loved marbles. And Lego. Cor.

I don't know how to describe ... It's like tiny cut out things - angels. Animals, children in different clothes, bunches of flowers, and some times you get them in different sizes of the same thing. I don't know what the official name would be. If this thread is still going on Sunday, I'll take a few pictures and post them.

I am most intrigued!!

Did you buy them in little packs, like stickers?

The most fun thing I ever collected...

Yes, but needless to say they weren't sticky. There was a scrap 'season' which I think was in the Autumn.

My son is collection mad, Gogos Crazy bones, Trading cards, Sylvanian Families, soft toys.

My daughter went through a phase of collecting pencil parings and eraser rubbings.

I used to cut out song lyrics and put them in a scrapbook.

Quote: keewik @ October 21 2011, 10:46 PM BST

Yes, but needless to say they weren't sticky. There was a scrap 'season' which I think was in the Autumn.

and a conker fight on the way home. I've done a Google search for scraps and I can't find any. Awww, I loved my scraps, they started off a life long obsession with stationery, especially scented erasers.

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 21 2011, 11:15 PM BST

and a conker fight on the way home. I've done a Google search for scraps and I can't find any. Awww, I loved my scraps, they started off a life long obsession with stationery, especially scented erasers.

That's interesting because I've always been obsessed with stationery too. I remember a silent battle with an early boss to have the stapler on my desk ( I count staplers as stationery).

I am also dangerously obsessed with stationery.