THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 18

Is it me - or are Will Young and Robbie Williams morphing into the same person.... seriously when was the last time you saw them in the same room together? (well what else are we supposed to do but watch Strictly while we're killing waiting time?)

Thanks to everyone for their votes in the Sitcom Trials script selection, I've finally got them all counted up and the results look like this.

VOTES posted before midnight deadline:

As Plain As Day24
Leaping Tiger20
Mad Axe Man & Her19
Tragic Life Roger Bulwark19
Doing It For The Kids15

Apocalypse Cake Sale13
Animal Something11
Art For Arts Sake9
Kiss Me Son Of God9
Taking of Peckham 123 8
Go Wild In The Country7
Not At The Allotment7
Stepping Stone4
Love Me Tender (late)(all minus votes have been removed to protect the sensitivity of members of this forum. They can be seen on the Sits Vac forum)
A Fish Tale
Love Bites
Talent Spotters
Wednesday Thursday Club
Main Text (Job Club?)

VOTES including post-deadline votes

As Plain As Day25
Tragic Life Roger Bulwark23
Doing It For The Kids18
Leaping Tiger18
Mad Axe Man & Her17

Animal Something14
Art For Arts Sake12
Apocalypse Cake Sale11
Taking of Peckham 123 11
Kiss Me Son Of God8
Not At The Allotment8
Go Wild In The Country7
Stepping Stone2
Love Bites(all minus votes have been removed to protect the sensitivity of members of this forum. They can be seen on the Sits Vac forum)
Love Me Tender (late)
A Fish Tale
Wednesday Thursday Club
Talent Spotters
Main Text (Job Club?)

The full document of votes will be posted to the Files area shortly.

As you can see, whichever set of votes are totalled we have the same Top 5 scripts, though the runners up come very close indeed, and at many stages in the voting that Top 5 did change a lot.

However I have decided that the Top 5 scripts as chosen by this voting process are the ones that will be offered to the Manchester Trials team to be performed on October 21st at the Lass O'Gowrie. They are, in alphabetical order:

As Plain As Day by Richard Dowling
Doing It For The Kids by Ian Clarke
Leaping Tiger by Dave Powell
Mad Axe Man & Her by Debbie Rayner
Tragic Life of Roger Bulwark by Luke Cedar

I am now prepared for a fevered debate about the injustice of this decision. For the record, the Top 5 is unaffected if I discount Marc P's two-votes-only votes, Roland's four-votes-only votes, or adjust Leonard 17 and Weeman's votes to take the lower rather than higher scores when they voted twice for the same script. I am sure others will find more reasons to dispute these scores but I am happy to recommend these scripts for the next show. Many congratulations.

Kev F
Vote Counter Pursuivant
The Sitcom Trials

Many congratulations to the finalists :)

a heartfelt and not at all bitter congratulations to the 5 top scripts, may your eyes fall out and your food be constantly tainted with garlic or aniseed. omit whichever you prefer. any who like both are the real winners :)

Yes, congratulations to the top five, it was a fair fight (unless I can dig up some dirt in the next 24 hours)...

And congratulations to KevF on getting 5 yesses in the top 6, do you do football predictions too...?

Quote: RedZed333 @ October 9 2011, 8:56 PM BST

And congratulations to KevF on getting 5 yesses in the top 6, do you do football predictions too...?

Troll.

Congrats to the finalists!

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 9 2011, 9:19 PM BST

Troll.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me...

You're a good guy, I was telling one of the others you won a comp over on Zoetrope, that's a big deal.

Ya think Francis Ford Coppola talks the entrants into actually reading eachother's entries to save him the work of actually judging his own comp ;)

Quote: RedZed333 @ October 9 2011, 8:56 PM BST

Until you pointed that out I genuinely had not noticed that the five scripts I gave a Yes vote to were also the five most popular scripts among the other voters. I hope my votes didn't have too much of an influence over anyone else's. Remember, in this process no single voter's reviews or choices should be considered of greater or lesser value than anyone else's.

And, phew, I've just looked at the totals and can report that, if my votes are removed, the top five remains the same.

Kev F

Quote: Kev F @ October 9 2011, 10:17 PM BST

Until you pointed that out I genuinely had not noticed that the five scripts I gave a Yes vote to were also the five most popular scripts among the other voters. I hope my votes didn't have too much of an influence over anyone else's. Remember, in this process no single voter's reviews or choices should be considered of greater or lesser value than anyone else's.

And, phew, I've just looked at the totals and can report that, if my votes are removed, the top five remains the same.

Kev F

Kev, you are f**king classic...!

Is there anything you don't worry about or take to heart...?

I upped my performance, I beat the shit out of one of your very own scripts and everyone's had a jolly old time.

What more could a bloke ask...?

BTW: Have you got Declan's phone number, I want my f**king money back...

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 9 2011, 10:11 PM BST

Ya think Francis Ford Coppola talks the entrants into actually reading eachother's entries to save him the work of actually judging his own comp ;)

Interesting you should mention Francis Ford Coppola's writing competition All-Story. As part of this project he also offers screenwriting classes which cost $395 to attend. I wonder if anyone on this forum has an opinion on this?*

Kev F

*Joke! Joke!

Okay, okay, just joking, I'm out of this thread now.
This Kevin needs to lighten up.

For future ref; When someone questions your tactics and previous form, don't go onto other websites claiming you are "suffering trolling", do you know what the word "suffering" really means? It makes you sound pathetic. Just saying...

Seeya x

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 9 2011, 10:37 PM BST

Classic...!

Congrats to Evan and the other winners. I wanted to vote, but just didn't have time to read all the scripts.

Commiserations to those who didn't get through. Although the process may seem very public, raw and occasionally a bit hurtful, once those feelings pass I bet you'll be better writers for it. Hope some of the feedback you've had will be genuinely useful.