THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 21

Quote: IanC @ October 19 2011, 9:40 PM BST

Hi Kev. I see the last Sitcom Trials night has some footage on YouTube. Any chance that this friday's will be filmed as well?

Hopefully. It's a tight squeeze getting a good camera angle in the small performance space but I'll try and record what I can and upload clips. Fingers crossed.

Kev F

Quote: Kev F @ October 19 2011, 9:56 PM BST

Hopefully. It's a tight squeeze getting a good camera angle in the small performance space but I'll try and record what I can and upload clips. Fingers crossed.

Kev F

I can appreciate it's not easy. Would be great to see some footage, so best of luck.

Ian

:| I have had a sits-vac reply from Mandy, saying there are opportunities along similar lines?

Not that any of you need reminding, but The Sitcom Trials and Checkpoint Dave are tonight (oh, I guess there was a Checkpoint Dave yesterday too, how'd it go?)

See y'all later

Sitcom Trials, Manchester Friday Oct 21st, only £3

Hope you have a good evening.

Looking forward to "youtoobling" the results if you are able to record it.

Becky Wave

Hope everyone has a great time! Wish I could be there. Teary

same here, hope it goes well

Break a tibia to everyone tonight... (don't forget to look down the sides of seats for 'lost' voting slips)

Good luck, fellahs. Hope it's a great night!

Thanks and many congratulations to the fabulous cast of tonight's Sitcom Trials in Manchester and to the audience, however small and perfectly formed that audience may have been.

And the winner, based on the audience vote, was....

The Mad Axe Man & Her by Debbie Rayner

Congratulations, hooray, whoop cheer etc.

And, as I've already explained to Debbie, I would like to discuss all the scripts in contention as well as look at the video of the show with the cast and other members of the production team before making the final decision as to which script wins the prize of a showcase performance on stage (and money).

If this sounds a little confusing, or even unfair, it's a necessary stage because of the audience being so small and there only being one vote in it.

The standard was ridiculously high as I hope the video will show. Bear with, that could go online tomorrow.

Kev F

Quote: Kev F @ October 21 2011, 11:17 PM BST

Thanks and many congratulations to the fabulous cast of tonight's Sitcom Trials in Manchester and to the audience, however small and perfectly formed that audience may have been.

And the winner, based on the audience vote, was....

The Mad Axe Man & Her by Debbie Rayner

Congratulations, hooray, whoop cheer etc.

And, as I've already explained to Debbie, I would like to discuss all the scripts in contention as well as look at the video of the show with the cast and other members of the production team before making the final decision as to which script wins the prize of a showcase performance on stage (and money).

If this sounds a little confusing, or even unfair, it's a necessary stage because of the audience being so small and there only being one vote in it.

The standard was ridiculously high as I hope the video will show. Bear with, that could go online tomorrow.

Kev F

You must have the biggest pair of bollocks in sitcom land, give her the f**king money you cheating charlatan...!!!

:( Why? what has gone on, was looking forward to all news and feedback, esp after all the 'hype'? I could not get there tonight, no late trains.

This competition should be reality television!

Kev: So what were the votes, and why do you feel their validity is in question? How low were the audience numbers? Don't tell me it was just one person!

Okay, the suspense is killing me. I can't take anymore. I'm going to lie down and destress myself. That's not a euphemism, btw.

And you will all be delighted* to hear that the team have adjudicated and the final decision is that Debbie Rayner's Mad Axe Man & Her is, indeed, the winner of this month's Manchester Sitcom Trials. She will be receiving the prize exactly as offered and we should hopefully see a full production of her complete comedy very soon, courtesy of the Manchester team and the Lass O'Gowrie.

The video is uploading as I type (very slowly, via the wifi at my inlaw's house in North Wales) so you should be able to enjoy it very soon.

Thanks again for participating in this process, here's to the next time.

Kev F Sutherland
Producer
The Sitcom Trials

(* He says, optimistically)

Well done Debbie! You won through three trials!! :)