THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 15

A Fish Tale - Bit too fishy for me - NO

Animal Something - Some good jokes but too much of not much inbetween - NO

Apocalyptic Cake Sale - Some nice touches but overall a - NO

Art for Art Sake - Loved the beginning, very funny but not for me after that - NO

As Plain as Day - YES

Doing it for the Kids - Liked it all until the 'cape thing' thought it went downhill after that but overall a - YES

Apocalyptic Cake Sale - Far fetched (I hope) but some good lines - MAYBE

As Plain as Day - Easy to read, nice jokes but burning a house down?? Hard to love a character who does that - MAYBE

Go Wild in the Country - Liked the ending best - MAYBE

Kiss me Son of God - Strong funny central character, doesn't matter who wrote it - YES

Love Bites - 2 blokes talking about stuff with nothing happening - NO

Leaping Tiger - Did like this one, reading it just flowed. Should have a niche with the football fans out there - YES

Main Text - Just seemed to be a lot of writing - NO

Not at the Allotment - Had a couple of funny bits but not enough for me - NO

Stepping Stone - Why not - YES

Taking of Peckham 123 - NO

Tallent Spotters 2 - NO

The Mad Axe Man and Her - Loved 'her' great character - YES

The Tragic Life of Roger Bulwark - NO

The Wednesday - Thursday Club - Same joke all the time and wasn't funny - NO

Quote: leonard17 @ October 8 2011, 8:47 PM BST

A Fish Tale - Bit too fishy for me - NO

Animal Something - Some good jokes but too much of not much inbetween - NO

Art for Art Sake - Loved the beginning, very funny but not for me after that - NO

As Plain as Day - YES

Doing it for the Kids - Liked it all until the 'cape thing' thought it went downhill after that but overall a - YES

As Plain as Day - Easy to read, nice jokes but burning a house down?? Hard to love a character who does that - MAYBE

Go Wild in the Country - Liked the ending best - MAYBE

Kiss me Son of God - Strong funny central character, doesn't matter who wrote it - YES

Love Bites - 2 blokes talking about stuff with nothing happening - NO

Leaping Tiger - Did like this one, reading it just flowed. Should have a niche with the football fans out there - YES

Main Text - Just seemed to be a lot of writing - NO

Not at the Allotment - Had a couple of funny bits but not enough for me - NO

Stepping Stone - Why not - YES

Taking of Peckham 123 - NO

Tallent Spotters 2 - NO

The Mad Axe Man and Her - Loved 'her' great character - YES

The Tragic Life of Roger Bulwark - NO

The Wednesday - Thursday Club - Same joke all the time and wasn't funny - NO

If this depth of reviewing is okay can my 'maybes' stand??? If not I am happy to comment more fully on everything tomorrow, if not that's ok.

Quote: Marc P @ October 8 2011, 8:52 PM BST

If this depth of reviewing is okay can my 'maybes' stand??? If not I am happy to comment more fully on everything tomorrow, if not that's ok.

when is the review deadline? Earlier I read a post from kev that said it was today!

Yep, it's today at midnight.

You'll need to choose!

Quote: Marc P @ October 8 2011, 8:52 PM BST

Perhaps if Leonard17 doesn't edit by midnight, just the votes that he's reflected on can stand. Kev?

My votes

A Fish Tale - NO. There are a few laughs in there but I couldn't see any potential for a series. Character wise I thought Helen and were erratic and unlikable, I felt Oakleaf should have had more dialogue.

Animal something - Couldn't open, sorry

Apocalyptic Cake Sale - Yes. Didn't like the ending but the dialogue was great and it had a lot of energy throughout.

Art for arts sake - No. Good dialogue to start with but soon got bored. Felt like it wasn't going anywhere and just endless jokes exchanging.

As plain as day - Maybe. Was a bit 'Allo Allo' and I was expecting Toccata to shout "Hail Moussoulini" at any moment but I like the interaction between Jack and Rankin.

Doing it for the kids - No. Got bored very quickly and couldn't pick out anything particuarly funny.

Love Bites - No. Too much talking about the past and directionless for the first few pages. Needs to start snappier.

Leaping Tiger - Yes. Wasn't sure at first but it grew on me quickly.

Love me tender - Couldn't open, sorry

Main Text - Couldn't open, sorry

Not at the allotment - Yes. I really liked it and thought the characters had some really good lines. Would have liked to see a bit more action earlier on though.

Stepping Stone - Maybe. Good contrast of characters and good dialogue, the end lost me a little, felt a bit rushed.

taking of peckham - No. Not for me, just seemed to be lots of banter and exposition.

Talent Spotters - Yes. My own contribution but I've taken a lot of the criticism on the chin. Should have worked harder but just edited an old piece and threw it in in a panic when I realised I had a few hours til the deadline. Still will give it a yes as though that will change the outcome :P

The mad axe man and her - No. Couldn't get away with it, sorry. The style and dialogue just wasn't for me.

The tragic life of - Maybe. It had all the makings of a good sitcom but I'm not totally sold. I think perhaps Zak didn't fully make sense and was more a polar opposite of roger rather than a true 'Tyler Durdan' type character.

The wednesday thursday club - No. "It is NOT a drinking club Julie! It's just group of blokes getting together, talking, alright?" Says more than I ever could about this piece.

If I could merge leonard17's review of "As Plain as Day" with his YES vote, that'd be grand!

And would also like to commend Sean Knight for his brave, honest and, I'm sure, difficult decision to give his own script a "NO". But I'd be quite happy for him to edit and give himself a "YES". After all, why be so hard on yourself?

As Plain as Day - YES

Confused...? You will be...!

Leonard used to be indecisive but now he's not so sure.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ October 8 2011, 9:37 PM BST

If I could merge leonard17's review of "As Plain as Day" with his YES vote, that'd be grand!

Same thing for me please! I would rather take a MAYBE than a NO for Apocalyptic Cake Sale. Whistling nnocently

And would also like to commend Sean Knight for his brave, honest and, I'm sure, difficult decision to give his own script a "NO". But I'd be quite happy for him to edit and give himself a "YES". After all, why be so hard on yourself?

I might just copy Leonards idea and give myself a "No" "Yes" and "Maybe" at the same time.

Quote: VicGore @ October 8 2011, 9:09 PM BST

Yep, it's today at midnight.

Ok.

Quote: sean knight @ October 8 2011, 9:57 PM BST

I might just copy Leonards idea and give myself a "No" "Yes" and "Maybe" at the same time.

Alright:
YES is 2 point, MAYBE 1 and NO is -1...
So that's 2+1-1=2!
I think it's easier if you just give yourself a YES...

Agreed. Really very admirable, but you still put work into it and are entitled to reflect that in your vote.

Quote: sean knight @ October 8 2011, 9:57 PM BST

Give yourself a "yes" otherwise why did you enter?