THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 5

Quote: AJGO @ October 1 2011, 11:49 AM BST

Did you have to do anything to get yours on, or did it just show up eventually?

I just kept trying and the problem seems to have been fixed.

Quote: evertsen @ October 1 2011, 1:11 PM BST

I just kept trying and the problem seems to have been fixed.

Ah, okay. Good luck :)

Quote: dellas @ October 1 2011, 11:58 AM BST

Laughing out loud I loved the 'Passing Clouds' blog, I even enquired for me gran, but no reply recieved.

Like to enter but going on hol, so no ruddy time-again! :$

Glad you took the time to come along to the retreat :D I can fix your Gran up with Charlie Chumpy if you like and reserve a van with a view.

I knew I had no chance of getting anything in shape, so didn't bother this time.

Good luck to all who entered though.

SITCOM TRIALS - TIME TO VOTE (Everyone welcome)

Right everyone. There are 18 scripts in the files at the Sitcom Trials in contention for the Manchester show. http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SitsVac/files/-%20Sitcom%20Trials%20-%20Manchester%20Oct%2021%202011/

I'd like you all to read, review and vote on them now. You post your votes here in this forum (or over in the other forum, choice is yours), and you vote YES, MAYBE or NO to every script you read, and give a Twitter length review of each to prove you've read it. The deadline for posting your votes is midnight Saturday October 8th.

Don't worry if you don't get to read them all. Your votes are counted Yes=2, MAYBE=1, NO= minus 1. So anything you don't vote on doesn't affect the figures. The scripts are:

A Fish Tale.docx
The Redstones buy a Goldfish for their daughters birthday

Animal Something.docx
its man against beast. there can be only one winner. 2 scottish numptys on a couch.

Apocalyptic Cake Sale.pdf
The world has ended, but two motivational coaches try to see it in a more positive light: it's just the right time for a new beginning...

Art for Art Sake.pdf
Can the new manager of a regional art centre save it from financial ruin, whilst keeping his somewhat belligerent staff on his side?

As Plain As Day.pdf
Plainclothes Detective Jack Day just wants an easy life. So why do things always have to get complicated?

Doing it for the kids.doc
Doing it for the kids by Ian Clarke Episode: Cape Fear

Go Wild In The Country.doc
Go Wild - Jane Simon - Show 2

KissMeSonOfGod.doc
KMSOG for Nov 25 2002

lb.trials.doc
Love Bites

Leaping Tiger.pdf
A young monk has ambitions.

Main Text.docx
Job Club by Phil Carter

Not at the Allotment.doc
Not at the Allotment

Stepping Stone.pdf
A charity to help the unemployed get employed

taking of peckham 123.pdf
Footlights: Ep 2 'The taking of Peckham 123

Tallent Spotters 2.pdf
Surreal script editors face a difficult pitch at the production company offices.

The Mad Axe-Man and Her.rtf
Mad Axe-Man and Her - 2 Hander

The Tragic Life of Roger Bulwark.pdf
The Tragic Life Of Roger Bulwark

wtc_3.pdf
The Wednesday-Thursday Club

Good luck.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

When's the votes got to be in by...?

Quote: RedZed333 @ October 2 2011, 9:09 AM BST

When's the votes got to be in by...?

Thankyou. Deadline for voting, next Saturday October 8th.

Kev, first of all well done for all the effort you're putting in on this.

One point, though--you're not going to include "Go Wild in the Country" and "Kiss Me Son of God" in the voting, are you? They've already been through their Trials and been performed in 2002 or 2003. What benefit is there to include them now when they could be taking up the spot of an entry from this year?

Am I being mathematically inept? Surely if people only get a chance to read a couple, and vote yes or maybe, then those will be going through ahead of any scripts people haven't had time to read.

And if there are 16 entries (minus Kev's 2) but only 6 people on this forum have expressed an interest in entering, will that count as fair representation? Maybe I'm overly sensitive but I'd not join a forum that I was interested in being a member of (presumably, as sitcom writers) and then have to vote no (either honestly or tactically) to longer-standing members pieces...

And what happens if no-one votes?

Why not send them all off to Manchester and let the cast decide - they've a much longer time scale between receipt of scripts and performance than earlier in the year (when I think they looked at ten scripts) Nothing to stop us reveiwing and commenting on the scripts, though.

My tuppence worth. ;)

Evertsen: I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, don't really feel comfortable using a critique style set-up to decide fates of other writer's scripts. That's a good idea Evertsen

hopefully most of the people who entered will take the time to read and review the entered scripts

I know I won't have time to read 18 scripts in a week! So feels quite unfair to those who I just haven't got round to who might be much deserving of those points

Can anyone vote on any script or is it just the entrants voting...?

And do you have to vote on all of the scripts for your votes to count, this was supposed to have happened last time but didn't...