THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 3

The comp is brilliant and it's unkind to knock it when there are so few people that are bothered about new writers. There will be many more entries but as I said, they leave it till the last minute....thinking their entry will win, God bless. Doesn't matter at what stage you enter, if your stuff is crap....it's crap

Why would they think submitting at the last minute would help them win?

Quote: AJGO @ September 28 2011, 8:57 PM BST

Why would they think submitting at the last minute would help them win?

God knows but many think it helps!! And that the last entries are read whereby earlier ones aren't!! What??? hahaha

That's the trouble though. The early entrants get theirs judged at leisure whereas the late entrants have to compete in a rush.

Quote: bushbaby @ September 28 2011, 8:53 PM BST

The comp is brilliant.

Well it's not really, but it is a comp.

Quote: Marc P @ September 28 2011, 9:45 PM BST

Well it's not really, but it is a comp.

LOL brilliant in that its only one of two comps in the UK that really help new writers

... and in a wildcard move, two scripts have been entered from the year 2002!

Don't know what Kev F is thinking there, but I for one am glad the competition is open to all regardless of the boundaries of time and space!

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 3:01 PM BST

... and in a wildcard move, two scripts have been entered from the year 2002!

Don't know what Kev F is thinking there, but I for one am glad the competition is open to all regardless of the boundaries of time and space!

Eh? Previous submissions? Previous shortlisted? Or just stuff that people have been hanging onto?

Uploaded mine today but it has not appeared on the site page. Does it need to be aproved or something. Don't recall it happening earlier this year. :$

Quote: AJGO @ September 29 2011, 3:18 PM BST

Eh? Previous submissions? Previous shortlisted? Or just stuff that people have been hanging onto?

They are scripts of entries that made it through to the TV series, when there was one. Maybe they're just there to make the rest of us look small.

Evertsen: What's the title of your script? Which page did you try to upload to?

Hi, Evan

It was uploaded to:

Files > - Sitcom Trials - Manchester Oct 21 2011

Thanks for getting back.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 3:25 PM BST

They are scripts of entries that made it through to the TV series, when there was one. Maybe they're just there to make the rest of us look small.

Sorry, probably being thick- are they there as part of the competition? As in, anyone who enters will be competing against two scripts that have already been decided to be good enough to put through?

AJGO-I don't know. This is just one of the reasons I love this competition. I never know what the hell is happening, but at least I've got a front row seat by being able to enter the "Sits Vac" area.

Evertsen: Your script isn't showing up for me either. What format is the script in? Word doc or docx? Maybe that might be the problem?

evan

It's a PDF. I'll have another go.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 3:35 PM BST

AJGO-I don't know. This is just one of the reasons I love this competition. I never know what the hell is happening, but at least I've got a front row seat by being able to enter the "Sits Vac" area.

:D Loving your unbridled optimism