THE SITCOM TRIALS - October 21st 2011 Manchester Page 4

Evertsen: Are you logged in as a yahoo member? Also, it's possible that somehow your script has ended up in the 2002 competition. If so, how did you do?

Quote: AJGO @ September 29 2011, 3:43 PM BST

:D Loving your unbridled optimism

AJGO-Optimistic is putting it mildly since my previous script got a "No" from the guy running the whole shebang.

[quote name="evan rubivellian" post="812003" date="September 29 2011, 3:45 PM BST"]Evertsen: Are you logged in as a yahoo member? Also, it's possible that somehow your script has ended up in the 2002 competition. If so, how did you do?

Yes, logged on as a Yahoo member. I'll have a rummage to see if it (now they) are uploaded somewhere else.

Maybe Kev can throw some light...

Thanks for your time btw.

I do have to say, as the runner-up in the previous Sitcom Trials, it is definatly worth entering.

There were actual producers in the audience (who will give you personal feedback, which is nice) and saying you were a finalist does give you some weight chatting to 'industry' types. Also it is always good getting your worked performed live.

Maybe it is abit soon to do another competition as the other one was just a few months ago (hence the low turnout).

Right now, it does look like there is a problem with the Sits Vac page and no one can upload.

There could be an avalanche of scripts up when Kev fixes the problem.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 3:45 PM BST

AJGO-Optimistic is putting it mildly since my previous script got a "No" from the guy running the whole shebang.

You were a finalist! Big up yourself! Ignore any edits to that last bit!

KevF puts up a couple of ringers then suddenly no one else can enter...

I smell a fish...!

Why can't they just be emailed? It makes it all limited to those who technically know what they are doing. ie - not me!

Hi all. I'm in a hotel corridor (only place wifi works ) in Letterkenny in County Donegal at midnight with an early start tomorrow, doing this on an iPod, so sorry if I can't be much help right now. I may get back in time tomorrow night to help out. Don't worry, it'll all work out fine and your entries will get entered. Fnarr fnarr.

Kev F

Quote: RedZed333 @ September 29 2011, 8:00 PM BST

KevF puts up a couple of ringers then suddenly no one else can enter...

I smell a fish...!

Hoy! Just spotted that! Cheeky. I put in some fillers to make up numbers. Everyone knows they're mine. The challenge is to try and outnumber my two entries.

Seems like uploading is working again. Just wanted to let you know...

Quote: Kev F @ September 29 2011, 11:59 PM BST

Hoy! Just spotted that! Cheeky. I put in some fillers to make up numbers. Everyone knows they're mine. The challenge is to try and outnumber my two entries.

Yes that's cheeky lol. And it is a good challenge, after all - you must know how good you must be to win through one of your competitions, having done so yourself. Maybe you should run a how to succeed in a sitcom trial workshop yourself? These cheeky scamps would surely benefit.

Marc: Ah, now I see why you're so against the sitcom trials. Could you expand a little more on this for us noobs?

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 30 2011, 10:58 PM BST

Marc: Ah, now I see why you're so against the sitcom trials. Could you expand a little more on this for us noobs?

You can read all about it in his new book. 'How NOT to organise a sitcom competition..'

Well I finally got it up, I thought I was going to have to ask for an extension because it wasn't long enough but I got it in ok in the end...

When it comes to the voting is there any chance we can send you our votes in private instead of posting them publicly..?

It might help reduce the amount of tactical voting, arse licking and sandbagging that seemed to blight the last competition...

BTW, I read your two scripts and they were brilliant (snigger)...

Quote: evertsen @ September 29 2011, 4:11 PM BST

Yes, logged on as a Yahoo member. I'll have a rummage to see if it (now they) are uploaded somewhere else.

Did you have to do anything to get yours on, or did it just show up eventually?

Laughing out loud I loved the 'Passing Clouds' blog, I even enquired for me gran, but no reply recieved.

Like to enter but going on hol, so no ruddy time-again! :$