Status report Page 3,940

How long have you been in London?

Encountered a ma-hoosive spider whilst cleaning out the shed today. Decided to call it Gladys, as personalising it made it less scary somehow, and meant that I could get on with the task in hand.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 30 2011, 8:41 PM BST

When still up North, Matthew used to buy Currant Squares from the bakery all the time. They are delicious. They don't seem to sell them down here. Today he realised Eccles Cakes are basically the same thing, and has eaten four.

Currant squares - otherwise known as flies' cemeteries.

Damn, it's slow on here tonight. I'm going to go make a sandwich and when I return I hope to find plenty of discussion and debate to get wrapped up in.

*shakes fist*

I am completely pissed off that a combination of the egregious Murdoch, poison dwarf Ecclestone and the ConDem cuts mean that one of the few things I watch on TV live, F1, is going over over to b*stard Sky!

Angry

Cnuts !

Didn't it just go back to terrestrial TV?

On BBC now but next year all races are on Sky with half/a few on BBC who also have highlights.

B*stard, B*stard, B*stard Sky.

Would you never consider Sky Sports? It's bleeding exspensive but if you're a sports fan it's endless amonts of it. Can you get Sky Sports on freeview? Is that any cheaper?

I'm half tempted to get Sky Sports for a bit.
They just never do any good deals for existing customers

It's awful that they charge you extra for the other Sky Sports HD channels, upon the extra you're paying for the sports package. Well on Virgin Media they do. Glad I don't have to pay for it. I just get the perk of watching me wrasslin' once in a while.

Quote: Leevil @ July 31 2011, 2:12 AM BST

It's awful. I just get the perk of watching me wrasslin' once in a while.

I've never heard it called that before.

*Exits to applause & High Fives everyone on the way.

*wonders if he's been sexually innuendoed*

It's a Southern American phrase, I believe.

We finally have Outnumbered airing over here. My husband and I sat and watched it uninterrupted. At the end, we decided that the parents have got it pretty easy. Very funny show though.

:( Agree with total bastard sky, however living with bloke with man-flu is so destructive, he is SO grumpy I am fed up, shed a few tears regarding his nasty comments.
Totally alone and miserable and bound to catch the bastard.

Quote: bigfella @ July 29 2011, 1:21 PM BST

Isn't there something about that photo that is meant to show that Macca isnt Macca?

I've recently been reading into the whole thing, and it's way more complicated than I'd ever imagined. Paul didn't really die, but there is a lot of weird stuff surrounding him and the other Beatles. Watch this clip, and its other parts if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtbr7nKZ1uQ