The All-in-one Consolidatory Boxing Thread Page 5

The Ukranian is just so much bigger than Haye

looked like a cruiser weight fighting a heavyweight

Haye constantly slipping did my head in

best man won

Quote: lofthouse @ July 2 2011, 10:21 PM BST

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/71225/1/watch-wladimir-klitschko-vs-david-haye-.html

Thanks for that. That was the first time I've ever watched a live event on my laptop.

no probs!

it was a bit stop start stop start

better than the radio though

just!

Quote: catskillz @ July 2 2011, 11:24 PM BST

Thanks for that. That was the first time I've ever watched a live event on my laptop.

Me too. Thanks, Lofthouse.

Haye moaning about broken little toe. Embarrassing.

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ July 2 2011, 11:34 PM BST

Haye moaning about broken big toe. Embarrassing.

Seemed a bit pointless, yes.

I see a possible rematch in the offing.
I think the result would be the same though.
Vladimir was technically very good & fast enough that Hayes Speed never became an advantage.

From what I saw, Haye was awful. Prancing around , gloves down, taunting his opponent then not offering anything in return. He didn't deserve to win.

I thought Haye was pretty good for a Cruiserweight against one of the long time dominant forces in Heavyweight Boxing.
I feared a worse result for the Hayemaker*

*Which Ironically were the only type of dangerous shots he could manage

I watched on a somewhat stop start internet stream but it seemed to me me to be a bit boring given that K (saves typing!) was a bit clinical and Haye was, well, ineffective.

Can't see a rematch having a different result to be honest.

Quote: ShoePie @ June 23 2011, 8:11 PM BST

Sadly I think this will be a 12 round yawn fest.

;)

UFC 132 on the other hand was a great night of fights.

Sadly I don't see boxing being that interesting again until they start promoting the fighters better and having competitive undercard fights so fans get their moneys worth.

I've tried watching UFC, but never really got in to it. Always seems to be a lot of grappling and wrestling on the floor.

Is there a female UFC???

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2011, 2:48 PM BST

I've tried watching UFC, but never really got in to it. Always seems to be a lot of grappling and wrestling on the floor.

The fights don't always go to the ground, one fight last night ended with a flying knee! And then of course there was this famous move from a few months back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

The ground fighting can be just as exciting though once you know what to look for.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 3 2011, 2:56 PM BST

Is there a female UFC???

Yep.

Quote: ShoePie @ July 3 2011, 3:05 PM BST

And then of course there was this famous move from a few months back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

That's a nice kick. That's for sure.

I don't agree with the slating Haye is getting. Yeah, the broken toe is a bit of a daft excuse and he looks silly after all the pre-fight trash talk but remember he is only a cruiserweight. Haye is getting a kicking in the media with folk saying he is 'useless', but he was the undisputed cruiserweight champion and anyone will agree that pound-for-pound the top fighters in that division are much, much better than top heavyweights.

So he's obviously not 'useless'.

The days of 15st heavyweights is long gone. I'd like to see them back, though, as it would make for a much better heavyweight division.