Getting On - Series 2 Page 4

Not that I know of

Quote: chipolata @ March 8 2011, 10:12 AM GMT

Has a third series been commissioned?

Bill Bailey tweeted that it had been canceled along with Whites . . . say it ain't so . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ March 21 2011, 1:03 AM GMT

Bill Bailey tweeted that it had been canceled along with Whites . . . say it ain't so . . .

I think BBC Four were very happy with Getting On, so I'm surprised if it doesn't return (BBC Two is where the cuts are happening, BBC Four is a bit more 'safe')

Bailey has since tweeted:

update - apparently BBC still deciding re Getting On, so hold the righteous anger

This is one of the greatest sitcoms of recent years - consistently good. It is so sad and yet wrings so much laughter out of pettiness, bureucracy and awkwardness. All are great but I love Jo Brand!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8500269/Comedian-Alan-Davies-is-not-amused-by-his-shoddy-treatment-by-the-BBC.html

Alan Davies bleating on about Whites being cancelled... but in this piece...

'It's inexplicable, as is the decision to cancel Jo Brand's Getting On.'

Talking out the top of his hat? Or backing-up the Bill Bailey claim?

I didn't really get on (geddit?) with the 2nd series of this, but it's a well-written, often funny and brilliantly acted show, so I'd be disappointed for the hardcore fans if this news were true.

Haven't heard anything about Getting On previously! What's Bill Bailey said?

From Vicki Pepperdine's Twitter:

She only went and bloody won it! And I am now allowed to say that the BBC HAVE COMMISSIONED A NEW SERIES OF GETTING ON

:)

Dan

Thank goodness for that. This show is one of my favourite comedy dramas on at the moment.

Yayyy!

Good news. It's a great sitcom.

Quote: swerytd @ May 23 2011, 9:12 AM BST

From Vicki Pepperdine's Twitter:

She only went and bloody won it! And I am now allowed to say that the BBC HAVE COMMISSIONED A NEW SERIES OF GETTING ON

:)

Dan

This show has no merits. God knows why it was nominated in the first place! AND a new series! Seriously, something wrong at BBC.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ May 24 2011, 6:45 PM BST

This show has no merits.

Aside from being interesting, funny, touching and clever, you're right!

I'm quite impressed by how tastefully they handle the tasteless material - stool samples, defecating in a bath, naked old ladies, anal sex... It's all very much present but kept completely off screen. Which in this day and age is quite an achievement.
All lead characters are beautifully drawn, as well.