The All-in-one Consolidatory Boxing Thread

Well.....I couldn't find one and there is a HUGE fight coming up on July 2nd.

Haye vs. Klitschko. Mega fight. Can't wait.

This is perhaps one of only 2 fights I'd pay for on the Sky Box Office thing. The other being Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

This is the HBO face-to-face interview between David & Wladimir: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDZhnxAwS0

'I've got a hard on'

I like Wladimir. Probably more than Haye. He's charming and intelligent.

It's about time the Heavyweight Division got a bit of excitement back. I grew up in the '80s and '90s, when everyone seemed to follow what was going on with the Heavyweights.

I used to love Boxing back in the 90s and early 2000's but I just can't get excited about it nowadays, the fights aren't competitive, I mean Audley Harrison as PPV main event! They must think we're mugs!

Sadly I think this will be a 12 round yawn fest. If this was the UFC, they would probably have fought each other 3 times by this stage of their careers.

Quote: catskillz @ June 23 2011, 7:40 PM BST

It's about time the Heavyweight Division got a bit of excitement back. I grew up in the '80s and '90s, when everyone seemed to follow what was going on with the Heavyweights.

I loved the days of Benn and Eubank. I've got their 1990 fight on DVD and it's one of the best. I'd like to rewatch their 1993 fight, but it doesn't seem to be available commercially.

Is it not on YouTube?

I remember their 2nd encounter, Benn was nearly crying at the judges' decision, I think it was split, just giving it to Eubank, again! It was very very close indeed, infact I thought Eubank had finally lost one, because of Benn's superior attacking. But nope, the judges didn't agree. And nor very opnely, did Benn. Eubank was the best defensive boxer I've seen, but I think he was a bit lucky that day.

Like the others, not really into it much these days, it's poorly managed by the numerous governing bodies, it's a bit ludicrous really.

Ha ha, like the avatar.

The first fight I ever remember watching was Marvin Hagler vs. Tommy Hearns, back in '85, and it's still the best I've ever seen. It only lasted 3 rounds, but many people consider it to be one of the best fights ever. Check out this amazing first round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYclaefqPQ

I think most of these posts prove what I think: that Middleweight in all its variations is by far the best division to watch. I think Marvin Hagler might be my all time favourite boxer to watch.

Benn Eubank 2 wasn't a split decision it was a draw.
But I'm wondering if Benn had a point deducted or something
I remeber thinking he would have won had it not been for that.

Let's not forget Michael Watson
Who gave Benn a masterclass when he beat him, should have been given the decision against Eubank in their first fight & was winning their second until that awful tragedy.

Quote: Rob H @ June 23 2011, 11:19 PM BST

I think most of these posts prove what I think: that Middleweight in all its variations is by far the best division to watch. I think Marvin Hagler might be my all time favourite boxer to watch.

The Middleweight was certainly the best in the Eighties & Nineties.
I loved the Hagler/Hearns/Duran fights.

They should have made Hagler - Leonard a draw, Leonard was lucky that he had enough to Dance around a Champion who was a bit past his peak.

What a Fighter Marvellous Marvin was.

Haye in three.

Haye has got a very good punchers chance, as he can hit with some speed & power.
It's a great that they've got this fight on, but it's hard to predict.

I'd have to say that I'd go for Vladimir as he's a proper big heavyweight & Haye is a bit chinny

Quote: catskillz @ June 23 2011, 9:29 PM BST

The first fight I ever remember watching was Marvin Hagler vs. Tommy Hearns, back in '85, and it's still the best I've ever seen. It only lasted 3 rounds, but many people consider it to be one of the best fights ever. Check out this amazing first round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYclaefqPQ

You can see Dr. Donald Romeo in the corner after that round. He was the doctor who delivered me and was the ring doctor at all the big Vegas fights for decades.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/39703487.html

Cool!

I'm trying to think of a joke involving throwing in a towel or being technically knocked out but luckily I can't think of one

I recently discovered that I was delivered by the Queens Gynaecologist. which practically makes me Royalty

Back on Boxing Topic.
Although the Heavyweight division was a bit rubbish post Ali & pre Tyson, Larry Holmes is very underrated, what a record he had.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 24 2011, 12:13 AM BST

I recently discovered that I was delivered by Fed Ex

;)