Psychoville - Series 2 Page 21

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2011, 11:06 AM BST

Well she was in episode 1, it's not like she came out of nowhere! I think you can accuse Reece and Steve of some things, but not 'lazy' writing. They do seem to care quite passionately about their work.

All I'm saying is it would have been nice to see how she'd discovered who was responsible for her boyfriend's death and how she found them. Perhaps we could have seen her dressed as a Roman centurion and visiting the Cybermen, who apparently track everybody in the universe! ;)

Well, how she'd discovered his death too. And to keep referring to him as her boyfriend is a little stretch...

Ha.
Maybe if you watched it all again you'd understand more how she found out. Or maybe it's just 'cause she's magic and psychic and shiz.

I've really enjoyed the second series just as I did the first. I missed the blackmailing story and Mr Jelly's run ins with Jolly - but there were some beautifully sick and funny moments and references, and both writers did superb jobs with their characters again. It's been great to read through all the posts. What I can't tolerate is people who are obsessive and crucify anybody who dares to voice that they didn't enjoy it, not the mark of a decent fan in my view.

As for "ForumPhobic" - I recognise the writing style - and it isn't Reece. She is one of the guiltiest parties of this belittling and insulting of people who didn't enjoy it on Twitter. Should be ashamed. Angry

...eh?

Quote: The Comedy Guy @ June 8 2011, 3:46 PM BST

As for "ForumPhobic" - I recognise the writing style - and it isn't Reece.

I don't think anyone suggested it was Reece...

Quote: Aaron @ June 8 2011, 11:22 AM BST

And to keep referring to him as her boyfriend is a little stretch...

Seemed keeping in touch with kidnapping him and trying to drug him into loving her.

Someone wrote "welcome to the forum Reece" in one of the earlier posts.

I really want a third series, because there are more avenues for them to go down - Reece didn't sound hopeful on Twitter though which I was deflated by. I just hope that the BBC recognise what a great piece of originality they have there. Rolling eyes

I think they just meant he was reading, not posting.

Quote: zooo @ June 9 2011, 12:43 AM BST

I think they just meant he was reading, not posting.

I think they were suggesting in a comic way that anyone making such a hagiographic first post could be the show's co-author.

Ah, yes, now I've actually found it, you could be right!

Quote: Badge @ June 9 2011, 12:56 AM BST

I think they were suggesting in a comic way that anyone making such a hagiographic first post could be the show's co-author.

I do wish I'd got higher than a C in GCSE English sometimes...

I loved Superman at the funeral.

And very dark and imaginative for a sitcom. Truly original to my mind.

Maybe there is scope for a third series.

I'd like to see more, but there's not many characters left, man!

I think it best to end it here. They had a story in mind which they managed to spread over two series. I think things would start getting contrived in order to make a third series. Let's just look pray for a new Shearsmith/Pemberton (and perhaps Gattiss) production.

Is Dyson allowed?

They don't need to do a third series, they're creative enough to come up with an equally interesting new idea. Maybe something like a funeral business run by clowns.