Who's doing something unusual right now. Page 2

:(

I started this thread to share with anyone that was interested in just a moment in my life. It's a very different life to most people's and I'm told over and over again that it's something that I should write about.

I've just tried that and I'm sorry that I did.

All that I wanted to share with you folks is that I have a little, probably dying, piglet in my arms.

This is my job but, much more, my life. If anyone could care less I have been raided twice in five months by the police because of my politics. I may face a trial for nothing and 2 years in prison because this government do not approve of my views. I have, literally, done nothing save that I care.

So, Dave Chapman, to hear that you are prepared to make a joke of what I hold most dear in my heart then can I safely assume that you'll be making cracks to Charley that her son may not come back from the war? Is that funny, Dave? It isn't to me and it certainly isn't to Charley.

This may be a comedy site but what that is just selective comedy. It's not funny, it's just hurtfull.

We are interested!

I assumed you worked in a vet's, from the original post.
What do you do then?

Strange affinity we have with animals. TBH I'd rather spend time with my dog than pretty much any person I've ever met.

Don't much like pigs though, but it's a rather irrationally stupid issue to do with the film Babe.

Sorry Marion - didn't mean to cause offence and no - I wouldn't say that.

Chill pill swallowed and all is well in our worlds. :S
I have an animal sanctuary and host the international animal rights (AR) gatherings.
I had to laugh as Mark (husband) went to demo in Cambridge recently against primate research and he said that loads of the coppers were asking after me - how good is that??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for not liking pigs *stands up and waves fists in horror* they are fantastic!! 4th (think) most intellegent species of mammal on the planet.

Quote: marion @ December 23, 2007, 12:16 AM

As for not liking pigs *stands up and waves fists in horror* they are fantastic!! 4th (think) most intellegent species of mammal on the planet.

So what are the first three?

I presume human beings come way down the list.

:D Oh, Dave, don't tempt me!! :P

I think that it's the great apes, dolphiny types and the non-dave-chapman animals.

Oh, please laugh at that joke :$

Quote: marion @ December 23, 2007, 12:25 AM

:D Oh, Dave, don't tempt me!! :P

I think that it's the great apes, dolphiny types and the non-dave-chapman animals.

Oh, please laugh at that joke :$

Laughing out loud

Quote: marion @ December 23, 2007, 12:16 AM

Chill pill swallowed and all is well in our worlds. :S
I have an animal sanctuary and host the international animal rights (AR) gatherings.
I had to laugh as Mark (husband) went to demo in Cambridge recently against primate research and he said that loads of the coppers were asking after me - how good is that??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not so sure Pigs are that intelligent. I saw one doing a Suduko puzzle, and to be honest quite a few of the numbers were wrong.

On the intelligence stakes I'd have to go for horses. Okay they might not be that bright, but any animal that can crap and walk at the same time desrves credit. I get through sheets of toilet paper like crazy sitting down, still and with cheeks pulled apart. I do perhaps have some bum crack hair, and on occasion its like trying to poo through a tea strainer. If humans had the fur of a horse I'm sure we'd of wiped out the rainforests to make andrex years ago.

Good stuff with the anti cruelty. Its a disgraceful thing. If I had my way I'd ban national hunt racing and fishing too. Any so called sport where animals die for the fun of humans is sick.

As for my irrational dislike of pigs, its down to a "pig based" video game I once worked that was hell (Probably available now on ebay for a bargain bucket $0.99)

Laughing out loud If you are going to base it on the ability to shit and run at the same time then I must be a f**king genius the amount of times I've had some big hairy person in persuit of my gizzards (and not in a nice way!) Teary

I am putting bogies on the keyboard. They are too keep my man company tomoz, while he plays facebook poker. I am sooooooooo sweet!

Aw, hope the little piggy is doing well. I used to hand rear orphaned kittens for the cats protection league, I know it's hard work and worrying when they're poorly. I'm typing this with a cat and a baby asleep on my knee. There are probably bogies on the keyboard too, or if not then baby drool and cat hair.

Thanks for the interest in our little Joseph.
So far, so good. I've just been sitting here taking the stones out of cherries for him and breaking avocado into little bits for him to eat!
He's very bright, all things considered, and it's a question of whether or not the infection will overwhelm him. He's on antibiotics so fingers crossed.
thanks xxxx

Marion I hope Joseph gets better very soon. My friend has a pot bellied & he is just adorable. So friendly. He is about 7 now. I am keeping my fingers crossed for him & I want you to give him a kiss from me. Please keep us informed on his progress.

Also sticking by what you believe in, no matter what, is a very noble thing. I hope things calm down for you. xxxxxxx