Candy Cabs Page 5

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 10 2011, 9:31 AM BST

That article was awful. Seems to me that Grace needs with a spa day to chillax.

Read it again AngieBaby. She was perfectly chillaxed. There were a few Graun CIF types who didn't quite get the subtext.

Quote: Griff @ April 10 2011, 4:34 PM BST

I liked the comment "don't bother if you've already seen the Sheila's Wheels adverts".

Are you still terrified?

Couldn't get past the ridiculous plot. There was a mention of the time the fraudulent re-mortgage application was made and it seemed that the bank had waited months to confirm account details, can't believe this would ever happen. 'The Knowledge' is, I suspect (and apperently Wikipedia agrees) specific to London, so why are they having to do it? Would the girl whose own father didn't even recognise her really allow him to move in? And, whilst I have no problem with it, do we need to see them in their underwear? Noticed a similar undies scene in a trailer for this week's episode too. Isn't it generally considered cliché to start with a funeral?

I'm not saying it was all bad but there's been a lot of advertising and hype that I don't think it lived up to.

Quote: Griff @ April 10 2011, 4:34 PM BST

I liked the comment "don't bother if you've already seen the Sheila's Wheels adverts".

Especially barbed given the previous careers of the (under/undies?) writers.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 10 2011, 4:29 PM BST

Read it again AngieBaby. She was perfectly chillaxed. There were a few Graun CIF types who didn't quite get the subtext.

I don't know what a CIF is.

This line annoyed me 'grandest ambition is "pamper time" with "a glass of bubbles" and "some nibbles".

I have worked with plenty of shrewd business women who love pink. The columnist seems to suggest that you can't be girly and succesful.

Comment Is Free, but facts are optional: Grauniad opinion zone frequented by abrasive kitchen cleaners.

Quote: Larkin @ April 10 2011, 10:58 PM BST

abrasive kitchen cleaners.

?

There's no doubt that this show is not as funny as it could be, but there is definitely an audience for sassy women who make their own decisions. SATC didn't run for 6 series and 2 movies because it was all about the shoes.

I know what Cif (TM) (C) is, I don't know what an abrasive kitchen cleaner means in the context of Guardian readers.

Damn! I thought it was a derogatory term for women, I'll have to grind my axe elsewhere.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 10 2011, 11:55 PM BST

I know what Cif (TM) (C) is, I don't know what an abrasive kitchen cleaner means in the context of Guardian readers.

Sooty's f**ked if we have to start explaining all our slightly obtuse posts now.

Quote: steve by any other name @ April 10 2011, 5:04 PM BST

Couldn't get passed the ridiculous plot. There was a mention of the time the fraudulent re mortgage application was made and it seemed that the bank had waited months to confirm account details, can't believe this would ever happen. 'The Knowledge' is, I suspect (and apperently wikepedia agrees) specific to London, so why are they having to do it? Would the girl whose own father didn't even recognise her really allow him to move in? And, whilst I have no problem with it, do we need to see them in their underwear? Noticed a similar undies scene in a trailer for this weeks episode too. Isn't it generally considered cliche to start with a funeral?

I'm not saying it was all bad but there's been a lot of advertising and hype that I don't think it lived up to.

I agree, there were holes all over the logic, the Knowledge being one of the biggest. The absent father was also very odd, and the outfits at the funeral were more fitting to a day the races.

We definitely didn't need to see them in their undies, but a lot of women who work together, watch their weight together.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 10 2011, 11:58 PM BST

Damn! I thought it was a derogatory term for women, I'll have to grind my axe elsewhere.

Not intended: no need for the misogyny card (Mrs Pink the taxi driver - Happy Families BBC comedy edition 2011). ;)

Sorry, those that have met me know I'm not girly, and I'm no feminist either. My gripe was with the columnist, not so much anyone on here.

Quote: steve by any other name @ April 10 2011, 5:04 PM BST

'The Knowledge' is, I suspect (and apperently Wikipedia agrees) specific to London, so why are they having to do it?

It is, yes. And more than that; it takes on average about 3 years to complete The Knowledge, not 24 hours revision from a useful handbook.

Quote: Aaron @ April 6 2011, 11:31 AM BST

Jo Joyner running and her boobies bouncing around? Made me laugh anyway.

;) Yes Aaron, not sexist at all, regarding my comments as nonsense when I pick up on discrimination on TV.

Smarmy In Manchester we have to complete a knowledge test before we can achieve a full passenger licence.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 11 2011, 12:39 AM BST

Sorry, those that have met me know I'm not girly, and I'm no feminist either. My gripe was with the columnist, not so much anyone on here.

Whistling nnocently Don't fret Angie, there are other people on here who support you.
PS. Interested why you have to state 'I'm no feminist'?