Candy Cabs

Anyone looking forward to this?

Looks like they decided to rip off Carry On Cabby!

Can I be the first to suggest this isn't a sitcom? Thanks.

Comedy drama.

Has it been on yet?
Or have you just heard that it's not very funny?

Neither, I just wanted to be the first to suggest it.

Laughing out loud

Oh well forgive me my sins

Only kidding David.

I'll definitely give it a watch.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 31 2011, 11:19 PM BST

Oh well forgive me my sins

What, all of them?!?

Yes I want absolution, or whatever it is.....

So Twenty Twelve is a comedy drama and Candy Cabs is now a sitcom? Well I never. :P

I don't have high hopes but will give it a go.

Quote: David Carmon @ March 31 2011, 10:49 PM BST

Looks like they decided to rip off Carry On Cabby!

It does indeed. It'll be interesting to see if any of the mainstream press pick up on it, or if it's acknowledged or referenced at any point.

The trailer looked very sexist. I don't hold out much hope it'll be funny at all.

I like the look of it, I just hope it's not too crude.

Jo Joyner.......the only good thing ever to appear in EastEnders.......and even she is not enough to make me sit through 4 x 30 minutes of utter misery each week. Ugh.

Look here, some blurb from the Beeb on the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2011/04/candy-cabs.shtml

Interesting how this came into being.

They'd like it to be "An Auf Wiedersehen Pet for girls". Very ambitious and I wish them best of luck. I notice that Barry's 'azel's in it too.

I like the general sound of this with its nod to Carry On's Glamcabs, but its success or failure will of course be all be down to the execution. It has the potential to be either great or spectacularly dire (I know everything generally does but hopefully in this case you know what I mean).

Oh, and I'd just like to jump on Badge's bandwagon. Surely this has to be a comedy drama, despite the article calling it a sitcom?

Fingers crossed.