Dave Allen Page 2

Have just listened to it. Brought back many happy memories. Slightly surreal in parts having the visual gags described and just being able to hear the laughter.

Oh, what a pity.
Can't watch the video anymore because it is not available.

Only caught the end of the Radio 2 doc last week (Monday I think it was). Hadn't realised how funny he was, was a bit before my time. At the end there was this brilliant montage about how he lost his finger. Every person interviewed had a different and more fanciful story.
I am definitely going to check out more of his stuff.

Some of his material sounds dated now but that's only because so many comedians have pinched his observational stuff, years after Allen was doing it.

"There's no point worrying about death for 70 years or you won't get to 40."

He was good.

Delight to see Dave Allen again. I'd forgotten how much stuff he'd done over the years like the documentaries.

Dave Allen was a genius, ahead of his time and a class above even in the seventies.

Just a reminder that Dave Allen: God's Own Comedian, a programme I'm very proud to say I worked on, is repeated tonight, BBC 2, 11pm.

Quote: RJ @ May 5 2013, 7:10 PM BST

Just a reminder that Dave Allen: God's Own Comedian, a programme I'm very proud to say I worked on, is repeated tonight, BBC 2, 11pm.

You could have rung me !

I missed it ffs !

Angry

iPlayer is your friend.

Quote: RJ @ May 6 2013, 12:17 AM BST

iPlayer is your friend.

Can't record off that to put on DVD . . .

I remember the Three Wise Men sketch where the Magi travelled through the baking desert for miles and miles they present a gold box which is lovingly handled by Mary with the words "And all because the lady loves..."

Comedy about the human condition is timeless. That's what Dave Allen's material is all about, people and their foibles and fragility.

Why did he never want his stuff repeated or released on video/DVD?