BSG SKETCH COMP 14.12-21.12

What a comp...

I've gone over the results and the winner is FRANKIE RAGE! You win 10 points and something to boast about. PM me for next week's subject please.

Votes - Points - Name
4 - 10 - Frankie Rage
2 - 5 - Cinnamon
2 - 5 - Baumski
2 - 5 - John Kelly
1 - 1 - Ray Dawson
1 - 1 - Kent Pete - Disqualified, by order of Aaron
1 - 1 - Fred Peters

The new subject is CHRISTMAS, chosen by Niteowl.

Rules:
One entry per person.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything along those lines.
Please try and only post your entry and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 21 Dec

Enjoy!

Overall Leader Board is now:

Points - Name

60 - Baumski
47 - Frankie
40 - Jude
40 - Charley Rance
22 - Michael Monkhouse
20 - Niteowl
20 - Lazzard
18 - Fred Peters
17 - Ellie
15 - Leevil
15 - Cinnamon
15 - Dale
11 - David Chapman
11 - Steven
10 - Swerytd
10 - Kent Pete - Disqualified, by order of Aaron
09 - ajp29
09 - ShoePie
08 - Stylo
05 - Nigel Kelly
05 - Greggles
05 - Happy Shopper
05 - Timothy Marshal-Nichols
05 - Rob B
05 - John Kelly
04 - Andy W
04 - losaavedra
02 - Imamazed
02 - Slack Bladder
02 - Paul Nash
02 - Boits
02 - Gavin
01 - Skibbington von Skubber
01 - Ginger Jesus
01 - Nick Rivers
01 - Daddy Maz
01 - Martin Bickle
01 - Hellboy
01 - Winterlight
01 - Batman
01 - Ray Dawson

Spot any mistakes? PM me. Thanks

SHOPPING MALL. INT. NIGHT.

MR SMITH IS TALKING TO JACK, WHO IS HOLDING A FAKE WHITE BEARD.

MR SMITH:
So, you want to be a Santa?

JACK:
That’s right.

MR SMITH:
I don’t really… I’m not quite sure how to say this, but Father Christmas is traditionally a white man.

JACK:
Are you repressing me, brother? Are you telling me I can’t be no Santa Claus because I ain’t carryin’ no white ass in my slacks?

MR SMITH:
In a nutshell, I don’t really… Maybe you could white-up, or something.

JACK:
White up? White up? Are you serious?

MR SMITH:
They make white boot polish, I think. Should be ok.

JACK:
I ain’t wearing no boot polish! Do I look like a boot to you?!

MR SMITH:
No, you look like a black man, and, well, St Nicholas was white, there’s no two ways about it!

JACK:
St Nicholas was Turkish, he wasn’t no white man!

MR SMITH:
That’s not totally black, though, is it-

JACK:
You need to get yourself an education, brother. Listen, I need some money for Christmas, and I just don’t see no rule saying Santa’s gotta be white.

MR SMITH:
I suppose you could say you were in a fire or something. Maybe, coming down the chimney, you, sort of, you know. Soot. (WAVES HAND IN FRONT OF HIS FACE)

JACK:
Oh, so this is dirt now?

MR SMITH:
Well, put the beard on.

(JACK DOES SO)

JACK:
How do I look?

MR SMITH:
You look like a black man wearing a fake beard. I don't know. I think you’d make a great Santa. I think you’ve got every chance of getting the job. Well, it was nice to meet you. (SHAKES HAND).

JACK:
Oh, I know yo' dreamin' of a white Christmas! You ain’t even taken my number!

MR SMITH:
I don’t work here, I think the interviews are over there.

A GUY IS SITTING ALONE IN A PUB WHEN IN WALKS HIS MATE RON,

RON: Tony! Hey look i was really sorry to hear about June, i've been on holiday for two weeks or you know i'd have been at the funeral.

TONY: Yeah i know mate, cheers...i still can't believe she's gone, even now i expect to wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs, hot pot of coffee, a freshly ironed shirt.

RON: I know mate, she was one in a million.

TONY: What! She was the best, my rock, my soul mate.[HE WIPES AWAY A TEAR]

RON: Don't go all weepy on me, you'll get me at it...look! Let me get you a drink, a pint! A short, a double, i'll get you a double brandy, that'll help ease the pain.

TONY: Thanks mate.

RON GOES TO THE BAR.

RON: Giz a double brandy.

LANDLORD: How's he bearing up?

RON: Not good, he's heartbroken, 23 years they were married.

LANDLORD: Poor bloke bloody xmas as well...here, i've put a little something extra in the brandy, a bit of added spice.

RON: Cheers, you're a pal.

RON GOES BACK TO HIS SEAT.

RON: There you go son, get that down your neck.

BY NOW, PEOPLE ARE PUTTING MUSIC ON THE JUKE BOX, REALLY GETTING INTO THE XMAS SPIRIT. THREE DOUBLE BRANDY'S LATER AND TONY IS UP SINGING MERY XMAS EVERYBODY. RON GOES TO THE BAR AGAIN.

LANDLORD: Same again Ron?

RON: Yeah and have one yourself...oh and don't forget the added spice.

LANDLORD: It's worked a treat hasn't it? He's really perked up.

RON: Well you know what they say...thyme is a great healer.

CHRISTMAS IN GOTHAM

YULETIDE IN GOTHAM CITY AND THE BATCAVE IS DECKED WITH TINSEL AND CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS. A LARGE CHRISTMAS TREE STANDS PROUD AND BY IT, DRESSED IN FULL BATMAN REGALIA, IS A VERY TROUBLED BRUCE WAYNE. ALFRED THE BUTLER ENTERS CARRYING A TRAY OF FRESHLY BREWED TEA AND A CHRISTMAS CRACKER.

ALFRED:
Sir, as you unfortunately missed Christmas luncheon earlier, I thought you now might wish to partake in a cup of Earl Grey. (PAUSE) I also took the liberty of bringing a cracker from the table. I’m told the mottos are very amusing this year.

BATMAN ACKNOWLEDGES ALFRED BY WAY OF A SHRUG AND A NOD.

ALFRED:
(PUTTING THE TRAY DOWN) Sir, I’m sorry to intrude but I wondered if I might be allowed a discreet word. To be frank, I could not fail but notice that you have not been yourself over this Yuletide and I was beginning to wonder if all was well.

BATMAN LOOKS AT ALFRED AS IF HE IS ABOUT TO SPEAK BUT THEN TURNS AWAY.

ALFRED:
Master Bruce, without wishing to offend, and with all candour you would expect from a thoroughly English gentleman, I must say that for one so usually dapper your appearance is becoming, well, shall we say a trice dishevelled.

BATMAN:
(PATIENTLY) Alfred, may I remind you that you are in my employ here at Wayne Manor not as my nursemaid but as my butler - or have you forgotten your position?

ALFRED:
But what about your garments?

BATMAN:
What about my garments! Alfred, will you stop fussing? Go buttle upstairs and polish the silverware or something.

ALFRED:
But sir, as your valet I really must insist or else I would be failing in my duty. Now then, I know of a very good dry cleaning establishment in Gotham City and they can be counted upon to use the utmost discretion.

BATMAN:
Thank you, but no.

ALFRED:
Master Bruce, I can assure you it will take no time at all to have your Batcape and tights steam cleaned to a pristine quality finish. I can guarantee the service to be a most efficient one. My aunt Dolly swears by it.

BATMAN:
I’m sure she does but….

ALFRED:
I’ll tell them you have a New Year function to attend at the Gotham Dome – a fancy dress party perhaps, and so if I take your bat outfit into Gotham tomorrow morning I'll....

BATMAN:
But it’s Christmas?

ALFRED:
Ah, but the proprietor and I are fellow travellers.

ALFRED SMILES AND TAPS THE SIDE OF HIS NOSE CONSPIRATORIALLY. BATMAN LOOKS QUIZZICALLY AT ALFRED AS HE PUTS HIS RIGHT HAND UNDER HIS LIFTED LEFT LEG AND SIMULATES A MASONIC HANDSHAKE.

ALFRED:
We move in the same circles. He’ll do a favour for a ‘friend’! So come along, let me relieve you of the offending articles.

BATMAN:
(SHAKING ALFRED AWAY) ALFRED!

ALFRED:
(STILL TRYING TO REMOVE THE CAPE) Come now, don’t be shy.

BATMAN:
(AGAIN SHAKING AND VIGOROUSLY FLAPPING ALFRED AWAY) Off, off, off!

ALFRED:
(CLEARLY SURPRISED) Very well. (LOOKING HURT) I was only trying to help.

BATMAN:
Yes, yes, I know you were. (PAUSES) Alfred, now is not a good time. In fact, the way things are, my appearance is the least of my troubles.

ALFRED:
(INSPECTING BATMAN'S BOOTS) Yeeesss, well, far be it from me to mention the state of your fine leather footwear, sir, but I fear something quite unmentionable is clinging to the right heel of the Batboot. (POINTING) See?

BATMAN:
(LOOKING) Is there? (RAISING HIS FOOT) Oh for goodness sake! How the hell did that get there?

ALFRED:
Oh, what a shame you’re powers only extend to cleansing the streets of the criminal element, sir? Perhaps you would like me to drop a line to the Gotham Environmental Department at City Hall to complain about the excessive amount of pavement doggy-do? (BATMAN SHAKES HIS HEAD DESPAIRINGLY) Never mind. Now then, if you’ll be kind enough to raise your right leg I’ll be able to whip off the boot and wash off the offending piece of canine excrement. (GOES TO REMOVE THE BOOT) And then if you’ll allow me, I’ll also relieve you of the other boot and apply some good old-fashioned spit and polish.

BATMAN MOVES HIS FOOT AWAY RAPIDLY.

ALFRED:
Master Bruce, will you please stand still. By the time I’m through, you’ll be the smartest bat about town. (STANDS UP AND LOOKS BATMAN UP AND DOWN CRITICALLY) Hmmm?

BATMAN:
(IMPATIENTLY) What now?

ALFRED:
It’s the unsightly stain on the Battrunks.

BATMAN:
(LOOKING) What?

ALFRED:
(COUGHING DISCREETLY AND POINTING) Just below the Batbelt I think. No, er, lower, sir. (TAKING OUT A TISSUE AND LICKING IT) This will just take a second.

BATMAN:
(QUICKLY MOVING AWAY) Don’t even think about it!

ALFRED:
Oh, sir! (STILL TRYING TO GET TO BATMAN) Master Bruce, this is no time to be bashful. You have nothing I’ve not seen before! I was at Oxford you know.

BATMAN:
(STILL TRYING TO SIDESTRP ALFRED) No, no, no, no, no!

ALFRED:
But...

BATMAN:
NO!!!!! (ALFRED GIVES A ‘BUTLER KNOWS BEST’ LOOK) I’m sorry but you really have no idea what has happened.

ALFRED:
I have an inkling it’s those arch enemies of yours again. They have no respect for the festive season, do they? Tell me, is it The Riddler who troubles you with yet more of his insane, sinister puzzles? Or the sly, unpredictable and very unamusing Joker perhaps? Maybe even the fiendish Penguin?

BATMAN:
(WEARILY) Oh, no, no, no. Not them. If only it were.

ALFRED:
Then what? Oh no! Don’t tell me you’ve finally succumbed to the very sensuous Catwoman with her pert little breasts and engaging yet well developed bottom and....

BATMAN: No, Alfred, it’s....

ALFRED:
(DREAMILY CUTTING IN) After all, what man could possibly resist? The leather cat suit and the fine curves are really quite something. (SIGHING) Oh yes, the big eyes and seductive come-to-bed purrs are enough to melt the heart of man and bat alike.

BATMAN:
ALFRED!!!

REGAINING HIS COMPOSURE, ALFRED LOOKS FLUSTERED, GIVES AN EMBARRASSED COUGH AND FOLDS HIS HANDS IN FRONT OF HIS CROTCH.

ALFRED:
What? Oh I’m so sorry, sir, I was coming over all unnecessary. I do apologise.

BATMAN:
It’s not that I don’t appreciate your help but the truth is you can’t. No-one can. All is lost, Alfred.

ALFRED:
You mean....

BATMAN:
(GRINLY NODDING) Yes.

THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER IN HORRIFIED SILENCE.

ALFRED:
I’m sorry sir, but what do you mean?

BATMAN:
Simply that The Dark Night is closing down the batcave and hanging up his cape forever.

ALFRED:
But why?

BATMAN:
Because, Alfred old chum, I’m broke and I can’t afford to be Batman anymore. Yesterday afternoon at two o’clock, Christmas Eve, Bruce Wayne was declared bankrupt by the Gotham City Official Receiver.

ALFRED:
(AGHAST) But you can’t be! You’re Bruce Wayne, the obscenely rich industrialist and philanthropist!

BATMAN:
Was, Alfred, was.

ALFRED:
This is absurd! Preposterous! A man of your stature is never short of the odd tax haven or two.

BATMAN:
(INCREDUOUSLY) Alfred, have you any idea what it costs to be the Caped Crusader?

ALFRED:
Well, sir, I, er….

BATMAN:
The expense alone of running the Batmobile would blow your socks off. We’re not talking unleaded here! The same goes for the Batcycle, the Batcopter and the Batboat too. They have to be made covertly in top secret locations by highly trained and trusted experts and let me tell you it don’t come cheap! (WITH A SWEEPING GESTURE) Just look about you. I’m surrounded by state-of-the-art computers and other highly complex and expensive gadgets that even Bill Gates couldn’t afford. And do you know what the worst thing is, Alfred? Well? Do you?

ALFRED:
Dust?

BATMAN:
Because Batman’s identity has to remain secret, I can’t write any of this lot off to tax! And now it’s over. Gone.

ALFRED:
Is there nothing that can be done to save the day? After all, sir, you’ve overcome adversaries before have you not? The icy cool of Mr. Freeze failed to get the better of you as did Two-face, Poison Ivy and The Scarecrow.

BATMAN:
They weren’t the Official Receiver, Alfred. (PAUSE) I never stood a chance.

ALFRED:
(PAUSES THEN PICKS UP THE TRAY) In trying times like this, master Bruce, a nice cup of Earl Grey always does the trick.

BATMAN:
Not this time because unfortunately there’s something else I’ve yet to tell you. Brace yourself trusted family retainer, because alas, I’m sad to say, I have to let you go.

ALFRED DROPS THE TRAY IN SHOCK. HE QUICKLY PICKS UP THE TRAY AND ALL OF ITS CONTENTS.

ALFRED:
I’m so sorry, sir. I don’t know what came over me.

BATMAN:
And the receiver’s stopped this month’s salary from going through.

AGAIN ALFRED DROPS THE TRAY. HE GOES TO PICK IT UP.

BATMAN:
Leave it, Alfred. It’s not important.

ALFRED:
But, sir?

BATMAN:
I really wouldn’t bother. I don’t even own it any more. (SADLY) Just like all of this. They’ve taken it all away from me. (EVEN MORE SADLY) Oh, Alfred, what is to become of us?

ALFRED:
Well, Master Bruce I have something for you upon my person which just might help.

ALFRED TAKES A SMALL WRAPPED PACKAGE FROM HIS POCKET AND HANDS IT TO BATMAN.

ALFRED:
Merry Christmas, sir.

BATMAN UNWRAPS HIS GIFT. IT’S A TAPE CASSETTE.

ALFRED:
(HOLDS OUT A HAND TO TAKE THE TAPE) Sir?

BATMAN HANDS THE TAPE OVER TO ALFRED WHO THEN SLOTS INTO ONE OF THE MACHINES AND PRESSES THE PLAY BUTTON. AT THAT MOMENT THE INTRODUCTION TO THE SONG ‘LET’S FACE THE MUSIC AND DANCE’ BEGINS.

ALFRED:
There may be trouble ahead
But while there’s moonlight and music and love and romance
Let’s face the music and dance.

ALFRED LEADS BATMAN INTO A DANCE ROUTINE AND A BIG FINISH WITH BATMAN ENDING UP IN ALFRED’S ARMS.

END

Your Christmas Horoscope...Capricorn [December 22nd-January 19th]

A very difficult two and a half years is coming to an end as of next week. There have been many hard lessons learned and you must be feeling tired and drained. Starting with the parking ticket way back in July 2005 , and culminating in being placed on the Sex Offenders Register in October 2007, these have been desperate times. However, with Saturn now on your side, things will change for the better.

Beware, please don’t let your upturn in fortunes adversely affect your health. The tendency will be for you to blow caution to the wind this festive season and live it up, but remember, your restraining order doesn’t allow you to travel within the M25 , so limit your social activities to the Home Counties.

As we get closer to the Christmas holiday be prepared to make some changes in the way you deal with others, especially close family members. I would also suggest checking your brake cylinders, possibly as early as next Tuesday.

INT. SANTA'S HOUSE - CHRISTMAS EVE (MORNING)

SANTA SCRAMBLES AROUND HIS LIVING ROOM, LOOKING FOR HIS KEYS.

SANTA
(Furious)
Where the f**k are they?

MRS. CLAUS COMES INTO THE ROOM.

MRS. CLAUS
What the f**k you shouting at, you old git?

SANTA
I can't find my f**king keys!

MRS. CLAUS
Reindeer's don't have keys knob end!

SANTA
Ha! Ha! Ha! You stupid Cow! Who said I was looking for Reindeer keys?!

MRS. CLAUS
Well it wouldn't be surprised. You been drinking again?

SANTA
(Gets in Mrs. Clause's face)
Oh I see... I see...

MRS. CLAUS
(Disgust)
I can smell it on your breath...
(Sniffs)
What's that?

SANTA
What you on about woman?

MRS. CLAUS
Is that perfume I can smell?

SANTA
(Defensive)
No?

MRS. CLAUS
It is! You f**king pig! You been screwing around again, haven't you?!

SANTA
No.. No.. It's not what you think... I...

MRS. CLAUS
Who is she... what dirty little whore's been sucking your candy cane?

SANTA
I haven't been screwing around... honest as f**k!

MRS. CLAUS
(Sarcastic)
Oh I suppose it's my Christmas present is it?

SANTA
Actually...

MRS. CLAUS
Go on...

SANTA
I've got something to tell you...

MRS. CLAUS
Oh god, I knew it. You got one of those dirty little elves pregnant haven't you?

SANTA
No... I... I... I just like your perfume is all.

MRS. CLAUS
What are you trying to say?

SANTA
When you go shopping... and I'm alone... sometimes I like to... put your clothes on.

MRS. CLAUS
You do what?!

SANTA
I just like the way they feel.

MRS. CLAUS
I don't know what to say?

SANTA
You don't have to say anything... it's just something I like...

MRS. CLAUS
Well how long you been doing this?

SANTA
Just a few months.

MRS. CLAUS
A Few months!!

SANTA
Look, I understand it's a shock... it was to me too... but...

MRS. CLAUS
F**king understatement! Look, it's a shock yeah, but I still love you and I think I can come to understand it, eventually.

SANTA AND MRS. CLAUS EXCHANGE SMILES AND THEN EMBRACE EACH OTHER WITH A HUG. MRS. CLAUS' EYES LIGHT UP AS SHE SPOTS THE KEYS ON THE TABLE.

MRS. CLAUS
(picking the keys up)
Here you go, look you go out and we'll talk about this later.

SANTA
Thank you... I love you.

THEY GIVE EACH OTHER ANOTHER BIG HUG AND SANTA HEADS OUT OF THE DOOR. AS HE CLOSES IT, HE SHOUTS THROUGH THE GAP.

SANTA
I'm also a Nonce too, bye!

SIRENS CAN BE HEARD IN THE DISTANCE AS A CAR SCREECHES OFF.

END

Fabio Capello’s Twelve Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas the F.A sent to me.
The worst job in the country.

On the second day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
2 tabloid scandals
And the worst job in the country

On the third day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the fourth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the fifth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the sixth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the seventh day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
Seven pointless friendlies
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the eighth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
Eight wags a-shopping
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the ninth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
Nine knives a-sharpening
Eight wags a-shopping
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the tenth day of Christmas the F.A sent to me:
Ten players a-diving
Nine knives a-sharpening
Eight wags a-shopping
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the Eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me:
Eleven Italians laughing
Ten players a-diving
Nine knives a-sharpening
Eight wags a-shopping
6 million quid
A 5 man midfield
4 dolly birds
3 missed pens
2 tabloid scandals

On the twelfth day of Christmas England sent to me:
Twelve tabloid taunts
Eleven underperformers
Ten shameful riots
Nine broken metatarsals
Eight management courses
Seven million pound payoff
6 votes of confidence
5 barren years
4 paramours
3 matches a week
2 free tickets
It’s the best job in the country!

SCENE 1. EXT. DAY

REPORTER (walking down street)
Christmas - a time for loving, giving and receiving, joyfulness. But what about its dark underbelly of debt, depression and despair? Tonight, we look at.. Suicide by Santa.

SCENE 2. INT. DAY. HOUSE

REPORTER
Your husband 'Paul' was the first reported case in the UK of 'suicide by Santa'. In what circumstances did he meet his death?

WOMAN (face obscured/voice altered)
It was Xmas Eve last year when he first went missing. I contacted the police and they searched his favourite pubs and clubs and then everywhere in our locality and..(starts crying).

REPORTER
In your own time, its ok.

WOMAN
We got a late Xmas card.. I recognised his writing on it. Inside the card he'd wrote 'sorry everyone, SBS, chimney, love "Paul"'.

REPORTER
This was on the 27th of December?

WOMAN
Yes, we have an open fire and i immediately put it out. I tried to poke his fishing rod up the chimney but it only went up about three foot... I called the police and chimney sweep. They removed his charred remains (weeping).

REPORTER
Why the chimney of all places?

WOMAN
Because Santa would have been coming down with the toys and 'Paul' would have been crushed by the weight... I checked the internet for similar cases.

SCENE 3. INT. DAY. HOUSE

REPORTER
A harrowing tale, but not as uncommon as you might think. Next.. One man, two Christmasses and two attempts to take his own life.

MAN (disguised as Santa)
The first one.. well, I dressed up as a kid.. paid a fiver into Santa's grotto and sat on his knee.

REPORTER
Was he suspicious?

MAN
Not at all.. I started pulling his beard, slapping him about a bit. I really offended him as much as I could.

REPORTER
And what?

MAN
Nothing.. finally I told him I was going to run round the shopping centre shouting 'Santa's a paedo!'..I handed him a gun and told him to shoot me.. I got up and started to walk away and.. BANG.. the stupid bugger shot himself.

REPORTER
Santa suicide not suicide by Santa

MAN
Yes.. for my second effort I spiked a glass of milk I had left out for Santa on Xmas Eve..I laced it with poison and I drank it later that night.

REPORTER
Obviously, you're not a pharmacist.

MAN
Christ no!.. It had three pills of Ecstacy in it.. then I had to put stabilisers on the kids bike.. off my head until the Queen's Speech I was.

SCENE 4 INT. DAY. OFFICE

REPORTER
To understand this phenomenon I spoke to an expert who has provided counselling to both victims and families.

EXPERT
We are dealing with people on a precipice.. about to topple into an abyss.

REPORTER
Quite.. Why cant they just top themselves..um..by themselves instead of wanting to blame Santa. Is it their get out Clause? (sniggers)

EXPERT
Steady.. A combination of factors drives them - consumerism, debt, mental instability are all part of it.

REPORTER
And a delusional belief in Santa.

EXPERT
What? (offended).. Santa is real you fool!

EXPERT PUNCHES REPORTER IN THE FACE

REPORTER (sporting swollen mouth)
Thnext Fweek.. thnew years thresolutions - are they a thnoose around your thneck?

ENDS

INT. DAY. HEAVEN.

JESUS IS SEATED ON A FLUFFY BALL OF CLOUD. HE IS IRRITATED AND BORED. GOD IS THERE WITH HIM BUT REMAINS UNSEEN.

GOD (speaks in a very deep voice) What is wrong, my son.

JESUS (sulkily) Nothing.

GOD. Is it the state of the world?

JESUS. Not really.

GOD. Is it the fact that you died on the cross for them?

JESUS. Nope.

GOD. Is it that they’re destroying the planet?

JESUS. Na.

GOD. The animals?

JESUS. (rolls his eyes)

GOD. Well, what is it then?

JESUS. (flings himself off his cloud) It’s my birthday, isn’t it? And once again you’re too tight to give me a present. 2000 years I’ve been here and I’ve never had one, have I?

GOD. Don’t be so childish.

JESUS. I want a wii.

GOD. Well use your potty then.

Angelic

EXT. ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. JESUS AT THE FEEDING OF THE FIFTY THOUSAND, CHRISTMAS EVE 2007. JESUS STANDS A LITTLE WAY OFF FROM THE MASSIVE CROWD IN DEEP SNOW TALKING ON HIS MOBILE PHONE.

JESUS:
Right, yeah.. yeah, right.. I know they're hungry, yeah.. OK, OK, keep your Calvin’s on! ..no, it’ll work, yeah I'll be back soon, yeah..

JESUS HANGS UP AND DIALS A NUMBER.

JESUS: (ON MOBILE BUT LOOKING UP)
Dad?... come on, what's up... it's not working down here... I'm looking like a right twat already...

JESUS LOWERS THE MOBILE AS A VOICE BOOMS OUT FROM ABOVE.

GOD:
Sorry Son, systems down again..

JESUS:
Again? What's wrong this time?

GOD:
Oh, Windows ‘Bastard’ has crashed and it won't re-boot..

JESUS: (ANGRY)
Again, again, again.. it's everywhere, every bloody multi-verse.. in Gods name, where’s that Apple I ordered?

GOD:
Yes, YOU did order an APPLE in MY name.. and it came, but I didn't sign for it..

JESUS:
WHAT?! Why ever not? Are we broke again? You could have stuck it on a card..

GOD:
No, it wasn't that.. it's just.. well, you know I've had a lot of trouble with Apples.. (STOICALLY) I remember Eden..

JESUS:
Jeez, can't you ever forget that, it was a totally different planet.. You're always living in the past, man..

GOD: (GLUMLY)
Well, I'm always living everywhere all the time.. and I can't forget anything..

JESUS: (ROLLS EYES)
Not that old record... reboot the bugger again willya..

GOD:
I already have..

JESUS:
Well?

GOD:
God!, yeah!, YEAH! it's up!... what was it you wanted?

JESUS:
Well, there's fifty thousand of 'em.. and it's a Thursday so FISH, obviously!

GOD:
Sure, of course.. there, it's sorted! Be about 10 minutes..

JESUS:
Thanks Dad.. hey, you got my Christmas prezzie yet?

GOD:
Yep, I got you something..

JESUS:
I hope it's not another bloody “Deal-or-No-Deal” Noah's Ark toy again, I'm 33 not 3 OK? Animals coming out one at a time, Jeez..

GOD:
Well, no it's not that, although they had a nice one... but your gift WAS expensive... Look, I'm sorry, Son but it's going to have to be for your Birthday AND Christmas combined again...

JESUS:
Jeez, man I HATE that, why was I born at Christmas anyway?

GOD:
Don’t blame me Son, your Mom wasn’t keen on doing it, virgin bloody Mary we called her.. I was ALWAYS up for it.. night and day.. Everlasting God they called me!

THERE ARE A FEW SNOWFLAKES IN THE AIR AS SANTAS SLEIGH LANDS GRACEFULLY ON THE SNOW NEARBY. SANTA GETS OUT, STRETCHES, LOOKS AROUND, THEN HAS A PEE IN THE SNOW.

JESUS: (ANNOYED)
Oi, don’t mind me..

SANTA: (SHRUGS)
Well, what else am I supposed to do?

SANTA ZIPS UP, LOOKS AT HIS WATCH AND GETS BACK IN HIS SLEIGH. JESUS STANDS HANDS ON HIPS WATCHING HIM TAKE OFF.

JESUS: (SHOUTS AFTER SANTA)
Hey, if it’s a f**king “Deal-or-No-Deal” toy Ark again, you can stick it up your arse!

SANTA GIVES JESUS THE FINGER.

GOD:
Er, it’s not ..but Son the systems gone down again..

JESUS:
Oh f**k (BEAT) what a Christmas this is going to be... Dad, I’ve got 50,000 starving people down here.. wait a minute.. maybe I could leg it over the lake?

GOD:
Son, you know all the miracle stuff’s on the system, I can’t do anything..

JESUS: (EYES DARTING)
Well, well..(PAUSE) what about a simple magic trick, could you manage that?

GOD:
Dunno, Son it’s been a long time since we did manual.. but I’ll give it a try..

JESUS: (BRIGHTENS)
Good! Let’s get going before they crucify me (BEAT) Now, just give me as much fish as you can..

JESUS REJOINS THE CROWD AND THERE IS A LOT OF CHEERING AND EUPHORIA AS HE TAKES A COVERED BASKET AND HOLDS IT UP ABOVE HIS HEAD.

JESUS:
I take this humble basket of loaves and fishes and.. well, erm.. HEY PRESTO!

THERE IS A FLASH OF SMOKE AND A LOUD POP AND THE CLOTH COVER FLIES OFF THE BASKET AS A HUGE BUNCH OF PAPER FLOWERS AND PAPER STREAMERS BURSTS OUT WITH A SIGN SAYING “HAPPY TENTH BIRTHDAY, VERONICA!”

END

ENVY

Jingling bells on a Christmas tree
with children singing merrily;
a small child watches longingly
at all the toys, "but not for me,"
with face upturned he cries aghast,
"Oh father do I have to fast?
Christmas is a time of plenty
but not for me, my stocking's empty.
My friend he got a wooden truck
and rocking horse, the little schmuck!
His father bought them from YOUR shop
but all I got was a whip, no top.
I see the bikes and other toys
that Santa's left the girls and boys.
There's Action Man and Cindy dolls,
clockwork robots, furry trolls,
party hats and Christmas crackers,
plastic trains, Meccano stackers
painted red and gold and...bluish;
my LIFE! I wish I wasn't Jewish.

It's Christmas so I decided to have a haircut. I went to the barber, I said "Number Two all over," he shat on my head.

JUDE STANDS OUTSIDE A SUPERMARKET DRESSED AS AN OVER-SIZED CHRISTMAS TREE. A GUY WALKS PAST.

GUY
You've got a couple of big baubles there luv!

JUDE
Thanks, I was up for an elf this year, but the ears wouldn’t stick.

THE GUY WINKS AT JUDE, JUDE TRIES AND FAILS TO WINK BACK. AS JUDE WADDLES OVER TO FATHER CHRISTMAS, THERE’S A STRANGE CLINKING SOUND. FATHER CHRISTMAS RAISES AN EYEBROW.

JUDE
Mini bar. Fancy a cocktail?

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Go on.

JUDE PUTS HER HANDS INSIDE HER COSTUME, WRIGGLES A BIT AND PASSES OUT A COCKTAIL.

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Impressed! Anything else?

JUDE
Well if the dad’s get a bit frisky, I have weaponry too!

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Surprise me.

JUDE
Handcuffs, whips and... Hold on...

JUDE HEAVES OUT A LARGE STEP AND DROPS IT TO THE GROUND.

JUDE
A naughty step!

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Listen Jude, I’m not sure the store will be into this.
Christmas is for the kids.

JUDE
It’s for everyone!

STEAM BEGINS TO POUR OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF JUDE’S COSTUME. SHE PRODUCES A BAG OF STEAMING NUTS AND PASSES THEM TO FATHER CHRISTMAS.

JUDE
Roasted chestnut?

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Don’t mind if I... Hey, I remember you, you were the Easter Bunny!

JUDE
(LAUGHS)
Yeah, rushed off my feet! I couldn’t walk for a week or sit down for two!

FATHER CHRISTMAS
Never mind, you’ll be quite safe as an over-sized Christmas Tree.

JUDE
I don’t know about that!

JUDE WRIGGLES FURIOUSLY. A GUY SLIPS OUT FROM THE BOTTOM OF HER COSTUME AND SWAGGERS AWAY SINGING “I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY!”

Joseph is pulling the donkey along while Mary is riding it.

Mary
Shit! Joseph my waters just broke.

Donkey
Ewwwwwww! Get off me then you filthy Bitch

Joseph
Can’t you wait woman, now is not a good time.

Mary
No I cant wait. This baby is coming NOW. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Ohhh painful. I feel like I am splitting in two.

Donkey
(Sits down & tries to wiggle Mary off his back) Get off me! I am in disgust.

Joseph
Look there is a big star in the sky.

Mary
(Sarcastically) Pretty!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhh oh the pain. Baby is coming. (Grabs Joseph by the neck) The Fooking Baby is COMING!!!!!!

Joseph
Stop whining woman. Look lets follow the star. It might lead us to a ..

Mary
(Slaps Joseph around the face) Your hysterical. What the f**k is a star going to do for me.

Joseph
It might be a sign from God

Mary
I don’t want to talk about that bastard right now. I am in pain & it is all his fault. (Sticks two fingers up towards the sky) Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Joseph
Okay look there is a stable. Lets go in there. (Helps Mary down from the donkey)

The Donkey squeals then legs it. Shouting “Filthy” as he runs.

Mary
Look I want a hospital with a midwife & several paediatricians. Not a dirty rotten fooking stable covered in horse & donkey shit. This is THE birth of Christ. Not some council house hoodie.

Cut to in the stable. There is screaming then a baby cries.

Mary
Awwww Joseph look. It’s a baby. (Holds baby up towards Joseph) Another mans baby. (Takes the baby away before Joseph can touch him).

Mary
The world will celebrate his birth. On the 25th of December.It will be known as Christmas.

Joseph
(Rolls his eyes) Mary it’s the 18th of January.

Mary
Pfffffff & who made you the Date Doctor. Now what to call him?

Joseph
As long as it is not Jesus. I hate that name.

Mary
(Sarcastic grin) Jesus it is then.

Joseph
Crazy Bitch!

Mary
Mother of Christ,Crazy Bitch if you dont mind.

Joseph
What does that make me then?

Mary
Erm! Lets see. I am The Virgin Mary, This is the Son of God. That makes you a Carpenter.

NIGHT.INT.PUB.WE SEE A SIGN KARAOKE CAROL SINGING TONITE.A SMALL MAN DRESSED AS A DWARF SAT AT THE BAR.HE IS SLOWLY GETTING MORE AND MORE DRUNK.

DWARF: Don`t they know this could ruin me?How much this months work means? The money?How am I going to pay for Christmas?

IN THE BACKGROUND SOMEONES SINGING " TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY..."THE DWARF HOLDS HIS HEAD IN IS HANDS.A NEW CUSTOMER ENTERS.

CUSTOMER: What`s up with him?"

BARTENDER: " They`ve cancelled this years pantomine...Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...He`s one of the Dwarfs."

CUSTOMER: Really?Why have they cancelled?"

BARTENDER: " Well they were having a final dress rehearsal this afternoon and invited loads of local hob nobs to the show.When its finished the Mayoress goes backstage to thank everybody and...(LOOKS AT THE NOW SOBBING DWARF) Seems she walks into one of the dressing rooms and found Grumpy feeling Happy!"