Astrology Page 5

Just because you didn't know something was nonsense 100 years ago doesn't mean it wasn't nonsense. As with religion, I would love to be open to these experiences and am always willing to accept evidence to help prove them. However, there just is none. And I am very suspicious of things which people believe blindly without even looking for the slightest bit of proof.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 8 2011, 6:46 PM GMT

Just because you didn't know something was nonsense 100 years ago doesn't mean it wasn't nonsense. As with religion, I would love to be open to these experiences and am always willing to accept evidence to help prove them. However, there just is none. And I am very suspicious of things which people believe blindly without even looking for the slightest bit of proof.

What a drab and dreary place Proof World would be.

Quote: chipolata @ February 8 2011, 7:17 PM GMT

. . . Eh?

Quote: chipolata @ February 8 2011, 7:17 PM GMT

You are like, sooooo judgemental, chip.

:(

No! Damn those people who like a little proof before they're willing to believe in fairies! DAMN THEM TO HELL!

Quote: zooo @ February 8 2011, 7:39 PM GMT

You are like, sooooo judgemental, chip.

But right though, kind of. If we knew everything, for fact, what would we do with ourselves (as a species)?

Astrology is bollocks though. :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 8 2011, 7:42 PM GMT

But right though, kind of. If we knew everything, for fact, what would we do with ourselves (as a species)?

Have a crafty wank.

I like all that stuff by the way, conspiricies, and ghosts and what not.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 8 2011, 7:42 PM GMT

But right though, kind of.

You have ruined everything.

Quote: zooo @ February 8 2011, 7:45 PM GMT

You have ruined everything.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 8 2011, 7:44 PM GMT

Have a crafty wank.

Sounds good.

Astrology is part of the pseudo mystical pseudo religious mumBO jumbo goldrush of bullshit that exists to bilk money from supposed aetheists who still need a security blanket.

It should be banned.

Quote: zooo @ February 8 2011, 7:39 PM GMT

You are like, sooooo judgemental, chip. :(

LET IT GO, ZOOO!

Annoying isn't it!
I'll stop if you will. Cool

Quote: zooo @ February 8 2011, 8:11 PM GMT

Annoying isn't it!

Not really. If I can help you to be a better person by questioning your terrifyingly judgemental nature then my work here will have been worthwhile. Cool

Well all it's done is make me want to hurt you.
So you have failed. FAILED, I tell you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 8 2011, 6:31 PM GMT

That's because you live in the modern world. A few hundred years ago, it would very often have been a tough call to say which would be more use. Every court had its own astrologer as well as its own physik, to be on the safe side.

Medicine's come on a lot since those dark days, and as a result has pushed astrology, a sincere science, to the shady corner. I repeat, Medicine still has flaws, excacerbated by some poor practitioners, who aren't exactly underpaid or under appreciated by us.

Well done, Alfred J Kipper.

I find it incredibly unnerving at the way the modern skeptic contemptuously dismisses the past and how people thought. It is pompous and irrational.

It would be interesting to travel ahead in time to see just how backward our skeptics would look to the future modern ethos.

I do 'believe in astrology', though I put no stock in it myself.