Rubbish Sitcoms Page 3

Rubbish sitcoms. Look no further than the BBC. Their lack of bite, and what I call safe middle-class detached-house in north London comedies, have nothing to offer. They should try having a bit more backbone like Channel 4.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 6 2011, 1:25 PM GMT

Yus, My Dear - Seen the characters who starred in it playing the same characters in Holiday On The Buses. Never seen it and don't intend buying it.

My Dad used to love that show - he still does impressions of Arthur Mullard now. Although thankfully not raping his own kids. Mullard was a bad, bad man. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ARTHUR+MULLARD+WAS+THE+COCKNEY+COMIC+MILLIONS+LOVED+...AND+A+MONSTER...-a061162095

That's very depressing.

Yes, that's cheered me right up... :|

That's horrible epecially as I can hear him saying those lines in his comedy voice.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ February 7 2011, 4:48 PM GMT

Rubbish sitcoms. Look no further than the BBC. Their lack of bite, and what I call safe middle-class detached-house in north London comedies, have nothing to offer. They should try having a bit more backbone like Channel 4.

For someone with the signature 'SID JAMES IS A LEGEND', you don't much seem to be a fan of the vein of comedy he worked in!

Hard to work out which out of "Coming of Age" and "Benidorm" was the most excrutiating to sit through.

"Blessed" and "Hyperdrive" were both atrocious and cast aside after one episode.

"Gimme Gimme Gimme" I only lasted 20 minutes into episode one before I had to reach for the off switch.

So probably that as worst sitcom ever.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Babes In The Wood was a load of old bollocks.

Forgot to mention "Big Top".

Or "Miranda" although I understand that's quite popular.

Quote: David2006 @ February 7 2011, 6:08 PM GMT

Or "Miranda" although I understand that's quite popular.

Yep, that's because it's bloody great. ;)

True story.

I seem to recall a sitcom called "Luv" (need I say more!)
It was written by Carla Lane and had dream sequences. Does anyone remember this?

Never seen it, but I can confirm it exists!