Comedy stars with same name as sitcom characters

Only thought of Ruth Jones (Miss Jones, Rising Damp) so far.

There's a new(ish) stand up comedian called "David Trent" which is close.

Matt Le Blanc.

Does that count?!?

Sid James often played characters named Sid, Hancock was Hancock, and Charlie Sheen plays Charlie.

Paddy McGuiness

Max and Paddy/Phoenix nights

Lee Mack

Lee - Not going out

I always wondered if the actors who had the same name as their character were just a little nice-but-dim because they could never work out if they were being spoken to directly.

Like Jerry Seinfeld?

Are you all missing his point on purpose????

:D

Quote: zooo @ January 20 2011, 11:55 AM GMT

It's a literal interpretation of his point. Quite literally.

These two stretch the definition but;

Royston Vasey (Roy Chubby Brown) and Archie Leach (John Cleese in "A Fish Called Wanda" and Cary Grant).

Quote: zooo @ January 20 2011, 11:55 AM GMT

I am yes - just thought I'd come at it from a slightly different angle (but along similar lines). Is that permissible or not?

Quote: Tuumble @ January 20 2011, 11:46 AM GMT

I always wondered if the actors who had the same name as their character were just a little nice-but-dim because they could never work out if they were being spoken to directly.

Me too - also I can't ever remember a drama or comedy ...whatever where 2 people had the same name -certainly same full name. Now...that would sometimes happen in real life wouldnt it. Therefore by not happeningin drama it can be said to be not very life like. I know its avoided to avoid confusion - but it aint true to life though.

Oh..apart from Monty Python 'Bruce' sketch.

Cat from Red Dwarf and Cat Deely.

Quote: Juan Kerr @ January 20 2011, 1:22 PM GMT

I am yes - just thought I'd come at it from a slightly different angle (but along similar lines). Is that permissible or not?

I just wondered if everyone had misunderstood what I thought he meant, or if I was wrong and you were all doing exactly what he wanted.

[/convoluted]

Quote: zooo @ January 20 2011, 1:30 PM GMT

I just wondered if everyone had misunderstood what I thought he meant, or if I was wrong and you were all doing exactly what he wanted.

At first I misunderstood - then thought 'what the heck?' and posted regardless.

Ha, fair enough.