Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: zooo @ December 29 2010, 10:49 PM GMT

Yes it is.

You're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong...

However, there is a better case to be made for the LoG (series 1 & 2) being called a sitcom than for this show. Which isn't a sitcom. No. Sorry, but it just isn't. It's a sketch show, it's a sketch show, it's a sketch show, it's a sketch show... (ad infinitum).

It's this kind of misappropriation which puts the BCG in danger of losing its reputation as the Number 1 place on the internet to come to when desperately needing to know just how many episodes of Joint Account there were.

Teary

Quote: Marc P @ December 29 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

Why?

Is it not obvious?

Quote: kevin garbett @ December 29 2010, 2:21 PM GMT

Just a thought but why do white comedy actors have to "black up" to get laughs? Have you ever seen a black man "whiting up"? No, me neither. Having said that, I enjoyed this show and found myself smiling. I just hope that Walliams and Lucas don't flog every idea and sketch to the max as I think they will. :)

They have to because it's them playing all the characters.

They do take the piss out of white people too.

I think that a sitcom is just something that has both comedy and situations.
I did enjoy this sitcom.
But my favourite sitcoms are still Monty Python's Flying Circus and The Fast Show.

Angry

*hyperventilates and reaches for the stress ball (stress ball made entirely of cocaine)*

:S

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 30 2010, 1:39 AM GMT

Angry

*hyperventilates and reaches for the stress ball (stress ball made entirely of cocaine)*

:S

Say Hello to my little friend!

SeeFacts: Hello!

:D

I thought it was a mockumentary. :)

For me, just one of the features that makes it a sketch show (as opposed to a sitcom) is that none of the characters featured have any interaction with the others (the husband/wife pilots & the check-in girls count as fixed character duos for this purpose). Unless the rest of the series shows this to be different, then the characters will continue to be confined to their own little continuing sketch ideas/worlds. The LoG at least had characters frequently interacting with one another in an overall story (though I personally still wouldn't class it as a sitcom).

The funniest part for me is when the gay stewerd is asked by a passenger what's the vegetarian option and he replies, "Chicken".

*goes and knocks self out*

Personally, I thought the immigration officer bit was pretty good. A simple idea, nicely written and played in an understated fashion (no need for prosthetics, wigs and gurning if the idea is a strong one).

Still think Lucas & Walliams best work (as a duo) was Rock Profiles and the Mash and Peas stuff, but hey-ho, never mind. *sighs*

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 30 2010, 2:25 AM GMT

Personally, I thought the immigration officer bit was pretty good. A simple idea, nicely written and played in an understated fashion (no need for prosthetics, wigs and gurning if the idea is a strong one). Still think Lucas & Walliams best work (as a duo) was Rock Profiles

There's a lot to be said for the 10 to 15 minute format. Marion and Geoff, Directors Commentary, Look Around You, Midmorning Matters - I'd like to see more shows that length.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 26 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

It was fun, without being earth-shatteringly original or funny.

I've only just got around to watching Come Fly With Me and must agree with the above.

I thought it was racist.

Especially the bit with the Japs.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 31 2010, 1:46 AM GMT

I thought it was racist.

Especially the bit with the Japs.

And your point is?

They showed Asian stereotypes, Black stereotypes, Gay stereotypes, thicko Essex stereotypes and?