The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 27

I'd have a spin-off involving the parents. MILF Mom and Gay Dad.

I want 10 series and 3 movies. It will never be enough.

Is that Will's Mum in New Tricks 2nite - as in now?!!

I just saw that. and yes.

An okay ending but I think the show had run its course and is going out at the right time. I couldn't help but feel we'd seen everything in tonight's episode before. Plus the vomiting looked unrealistic.

I laughed. A lot. Great episode.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 18 2010, 10:42 PM BST

I laughed. A lot. Great episode.

It's definitely been one of the best sitcoms of the year. I just wish the writers had pushed themselves a bit more, rather than resting on their laurels.

Damn that was good. I think Chip might be right about it running its course, but after tonight's episode I'd be quite happy to see another six/twelve/eighteen just to make sure.

So rare nowadays that I watch a sitcom and laugh out loud every couple of minutes.

Sorry to be a miserable old bint (about to be a miserable old bint) but... I was underwhelmed tonight. Sad that they didn't go out on a real high. That wasn't the best ep by far, found it all a bit predictable..

Still there's always the movie, 'cept the Kevin & Perry Go Large type plot is a slight concern. (I'm sure it'll be fantastic!)

I've had next to no problems with The Inbetweeners up until the last two episodes. I still think the programme's brilliant, and Simon's dad giving him the lecture - "You can't go around touching up young boys" - was amazing.

I think I preferred the last two episodes to the rest of the series.
They were a bit less contrived & far fetched.

I agree that the last two episodes did feel a lot less contrived than the rest of the series; I just felt that last night's episode started strongly and then dwindled out. After a lot of big laughs in the first half, I can't remember anything more than the odd chuckle in the second.

The bit where Simon spazzed out at the end struck me as quite odd. It was almost as if he'd become the protagonist, like suddenly we were told it was his story, not Will's, we were supposed to have been following for the last three years.

Maybe I was reading too much into it.

A brilliant series, the only disappointment was episode 5, the rest were quality. Last night's ep was a hilarious finale, a great way to end the series! I chuckled a few times in the first half but the second half was just quality, was actually crying with laughter! Neil burning the chair, the text sending, Neil smashing the car window when it went into the lake and the sickathon in the tent, while predictable was still funny as.
And the final lines,
'Can we just drop the mum stuff?'
'...I'd drop your mum's stuff.' :D

It just summed the whole series up. Yes, its crude, rude and not sophisticated or witty, but that is what teenage boys are! And that is why it is so funny and a brilliant sitcom that I'll miss a lot :(

But hey, bring on the movie!

Well, that's it, it's over, as far as the series episodes go. I don't know how I feel about the last episode, I can't believe that's it. The whole episode for me was a little bit tinged with sadness and moments of seriousness, I always feel on final episodes somehow, whether intentional or not there's a reminder there it's the last episode, even when shows aren't intended to end there.
Anyway I thought it was a lot better than the 5th episode and there were some highlights such as the ones already mentioned. I liked how they brought the "who will lose their virginity first" storyline to a close, I liked how they finally trashed Simon's yellow car and I liked the moment of reflection at the end, it's a diverse group of friends, but they are meant to be.
I also liked how they didn't reveal or conclude the thing with Carli, nobody questioned it, Simon didn't reveal her response and I kinda liked it that way. What did others think about the Carli plot's "conclusion"?