Andrew Lawrence

I've heard of him through this new Edinburgh festival and I'm not sure what to say about him, other than he has a really annoying voice which I have hard times understanding sometimes. Comments?

I saw him when he was doing the circuits about 2 years ago and I found him pretty offensive and I remember me and the other girls I was with didn't like him either. However, having recently seen him on TV I thought him to be pretty amusing.

I've only ever seen him on TV, and have found him really funny. He sings songs too, which are brilliant.

I saw his stand-up without songs. He was ace. Quite vituperative though :)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 14 2010, 10:08 AM BST

Quite vituperative though :)

Dan

Show off.

I said it once to my boss's boss. He didn't understand and I had to explain it to him...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 14 2010, 12:38 PM BST

I said it once to my boss's boss. He didn't understand and I had to explain it to him...

Dan

I saw Andrew Lawrence on 'Edinburgh and Beyond' a couple of weeks back then looked up more on YouTube and I found him to be pretty amusing. Some of his material was quite dark, which I like if it's done well. He is very self-deprecating and at times maybe overdoes this part of his act but I'd go and see him if he had a gig near me.

His radio show (What To Do If You're Not Like Everybody Else) is quite good.

Seen him a couple times on TV and thought he was excellent.

Quote: samcheese @ September 18 2010, 1:01 PM BST

His radio show (What To Do If You're Not Like Everybody Else) is quite good.

I thought it was brilliant. He has a unique persona, which comes across even on radio. Very well crafted mini-tirades which were really funny and original.

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get copies of the What To Do If You're Not Like Everybody Else podcasts?

Thanks for your help,
Matt

By 'podcasts', I assume you mean recordings of the radio show? If so, I'm not aware of any legal sources, sorry.

I don't know if anyone ever heard a comedy programme on BBC Radio 1 called 'The Milk Run' but he featured a fair few times on that. I think he even got his own, one off special.

I saw him way before he started doing stand-up. It was at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2002, at C venues. He was doing a character comedy with his friend. It was called 'Ministers of Satan'. It was really funny. I was really pleasantly surpise when I discover him doing stand-up a few years later. He's less dark now, but his use of langauge is amazing. I think he's excellent.

Quote: Nick Hodder @ March 1 2011, 1:08 PM GMT

He's less dark now

What? Like Michael Jackson?