Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow - Series 1 Page 2

Michael McIntyre Autobiography Deal

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Truly, even with the current economy, some publishers have more money than sense. Coming to a remainder bin near you in 2011.

Quote: clueless @ July 13 2009, 11:44 PM BST

Really liked Mike Finnegan (sp?) in the Brighton one (the 'out out' bloke). Will look out for him.

Micky Flanagan? Yes, he has a nice easy, laid back style and the likeability factor.
:)

I saw Flanagan at Up The Creek a while ago - he's been knocking about for years. He does that routine about 'fingering' - don't know if he did it on the Roadshow.

"Fingering"? *sniggers*

I'm attending a recording for the second series tomorrow. It is taking place in (his favourite city of them all) Sunderland, at the Empire theatre.

Not sure on most of the acts, but I do know that Sarah Millican is meant to be headlining, which should be interesting - partly because I've never seen her live, but mainly to see the unusual sight of a Geordie in Sunderland who probably won't get the living daylights kicked out of them.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ August 14 2010, 7:22 PM BST

Not sure on most of the acts, but I do know that Sarah Millican

Well it's good to hear they've not just gone back to the same comedians this and the Apollo always use. (sarcasm)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 14 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Well it's good to hear they've not just gone back to the same comedians this and the Apollo always use. (sarcasm)

She did actually appear in the second episode, although it was Jason Manford who was the main act that night.

Rather good show I thought. The comics appearing on the show were Millican, Jimeoin, Imran Yusuf, Simon Evans and Mike Gunn.

Overall, I'd say that Yusuf was the one who impressed me the most, but having now seen Millican live, I think I can certainkly say she's the funniest stand-up comedienne currently performing.

That'll be hard. NOT.

Quote: jim field @ August 17 2010, 7:49 PM BST

That'll be hard. NOT.

Hmmm... someone who's idea of humour is a joke which reached it's sell-by date not long after it was first used in "Wayne's World" 18 years ago slagging off female comics.

There are plenty of very funny women out there but you might just have to get off your backside and drag yourself away from the idiot lantern to see them.

Well that's him told. And banned.

When's the second series starting?

Imran is excellent, glad he's doing so well. Getting 5 star reviews for his Edinburgh show as well.

Just read that Noel Fielding is doing a set in one episode.

I wouldn't be surprised- he's started doing low key solo standup again. One of my friends saw him this week and said he did a lot of new material. Which will be a change for him.