Spaced US Page 2

Quote: oroboross @ October 31, 2007, 5:17 PM

Didn't they learn with Coupling?

And Coupling would have been easier to copy, I guess, if they had only kept Richard Coyle as Jeff in the US-Version (which I haven't watched yet). His leaving really ruined the last series of the UK version for me.

But maybe the problem really lies more in a general negligence towards real characters that comes along with buying stuff from abroad because you're too lazy do think of something yourself. Something you've created on you're own will always contain more than you could ever pay for.

Buying 10 Beckhams and a mint condition Oli Kahn for a hell lot of money might win a cup or two (and sell a calendar), but not a single heart. A homegrown team will take its time to evolve, but will have a greater number of truly loyal fans. There you have it, a football metaphor. I'm deeply ashamed of myself.

°Finck

PS: They don't have Simon Pegg, do they?

Nope.

I don't know if that would make it worse, or better...

Ditto that. It's their own problem if they remake a show and it's shit. It's a different version, and I can't see how anyone would think it affected the original.

Oh, and for the love of God, this is really killing me. Please guys, "DVDs" does NOT have an apostrophe! (In your context, that is.)

Here's Edgar Wright's opinion...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=144582906&blogID=324420860

Poor wee Edgar.

At least now we know for sure he, Simon and Jessica had f**k all to do with it.

Put simply I wouldn't want to get involved in a new version of the show for fear of it being our very own PHANTOM MENACE.

Laughing out loud

Think the Spaced remake is bad? What about this...

"It was today announced that the British film Trainspotting, itself adapted from Irvine Welsh's novel, is to be remade in the United States under the title of 'Starspotting'. The American version will take place in Los Angeles, and follow the antics of a group of friends as they persue fame, fortune and another score. The film is said to be written by David Krane and Adam Barr, and will star Josh Hartnett as Runton, a young man with a mild but deadly addiction to 'grass'. Other cast members include Zach Braff as the fast talking Smooth Dude and Leonardo Di Caprio as the aggressive Bobbie with a heart of gold. Irvine Welsh sanctioned the production after being enamoured with the script and the attatched cheque."

Sounds like a piss-take. No?

Quote: Aaron @ November 1, 2007, 10:22 PM

Oh, and for the love of God, this is really killing me. Please guys, "DVDs" does NOT have an apostrophe! (In your context, that is.)

Aaron is turning into everybody's dad. First he berates and bullies poor Jamie James for being too enthusiastic, now he's picking people up on apostrophe use. What's next?

Every other spelling mistake. Besides, it's in the site rules. I've been shockingly lax.

Quote: Aaron @ November 5, 2007, 6:42 PM

I've been shockingly lax

As evidenced by the homepage on Thursday last - "Thursday's are funny"

Sorry Aaron - live by the grammar nazi, die by the grammar nazi.

God, I'm glad I didn't see that. It would have destroyed me. Blame Mark.

(I'm always correcting him.)

"a young man with a mild but deadly addiction to 'grass'."

If this isn't a joke then there's only one typical response that the whole world can join in with: F**king yanks.

Quote: Aljado @ November 6, 2007, 9:37 AM

As evidenced by the homepage on Thursday last - "Thursday's are funny"

Really? Damn. That was my fault then. I blame writing it in a rush. Oops! Sorry. It won't happen again!

There's little chance that a third series of the uk version would work let alone a US version.

Quote: oroboross @ October 31, 2007, 5:17 PM

The US pilot for Red Dwarf was so bad it never made it to air, even with Jane Leeves as Holly

Plus everyone in the US has already seen Red Dwarf. Or at least the ones who watch it on PBS. It's "educational".

I don't know why they just don't show the originals. It seems cheaper.