The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 168

Well you are if you consider what the reasons behind it are likely to be.

There's a sadness in Martin O'Neill's eyes. It's been there since 1993, when he selfishly denied the people of Slough of having a team in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Where are Slough Town now? Without a home ground and in the Zamaretto League Division One Central. The club is so poor, they've got a player called Robbie Kean. The e came off and they can't afford a sewing machine to stitch it back on.

O'Neil is a hack manager, rightfully denied the chance to ever manage a big club. He's good at what he does, but he's a hack.

Quote: Splodge @ August 9 2010, 6:47 PM BST

There's a sadness in Martin O'Neill's eyes. It's been there since 1993, when he selfishly denied the people of Slough of having a team in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Where are Slough Town now? Without a home ground and in the Zamaretto League Division One Central. The club is so poor, they've got a player called Robbie Kean. The e came off and they can't afford a sewing machine to stitch it back on.

I remember fondly a day out at Slough Town in the late 1990's, my friends and I were amazed at a non-league team that had a bookies in the ground.

The 4 of us got together and studied the days fixtures and chipped in and put a wager on 4-5 non-league games that day, after the final whistle we were hanging around the bookies shack waiting for the result of a Farnborough Town game, which thankfully came in and netted us over £100!

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 9 2010, 2:01 PM BST

Why don't you like Wes Brown Tuumble. I think he's a legend. Outstanding in the 07-08 season at Right Back. Get him in full fitness, get him back at right back.

I think he's etremely overrated and am convinced he's Alex Ferguson's love child.

Well I agree with Tuumble. A supporter is a supporter - not a follower. I've seen one Chelsea gamne since 1984 and now I'm worried I won't be able to get to Sutton United this season because of bloody work.

I was thinking Middlesbrough would have a good season but had a crap start.

Anyway - again I just hope it's anyone but United.

From the BBC website...

"Sheffield Wednesday face a winding-up order over a £550m tax bill that HM Revenue & Customs claim has not been paid."

I thought, "Gee, that's a bit steep!" but it turns out it should've said £550,000. How to put the wind up Owl's supporters in one easy lesson. :D

England tonight. Oh.

I imagine the boo ometer will be registering quite high tonight. I'm not bothered about the game either but might tune in just to catch the din of boos and see that big jawed Iti squirm uncomfortably once again. He does a very good uncomfortable squirm. :)

Is it on terrestrial?

It is Ben, ITV1 - 8pm ko

Sad news about Exeter striker Adam Stansfield who sadly lost his battle with cancer last night and died at the young age of 31. RIP.

Something very unnerving about supposedly fit young people dying in their prime. Makes you realise that none of us have a right to think our time will come when were grey and old. :(

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 11 2010, 11:06 AM BST

It is Ben, ITV1 - 8pm ko

Thanks, man!

Anyone up for a punt at how they think the table will finish this season? I'll go first:
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Aston Villa
9. Fulham
10. West Ham
11. Sunderland
12. Birmingham