Just William (2010) Page 2

OK mate, if you say so!

:)

(..trying not to forget who holds the banning stick..) Whistling nnocently

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 8 2010, 3:05 PM BST

Outnumbered star to take lead role in new Just William series
Daniel Roche, who plays naughty Ben in Outnumbered, is to take on the lead role in a new adaptation of Just William.
---------------------------------

How utterly, boringly predictable is this casting?

He'd be more suited to playing Violet Elizabeth Bott!

Hopefully they'll cut the awful little brat's hair before they shoot (him)...

;)

Is that the one who plays the annoying younger one? Not Tyger as I now realise.

However he does seem annoyiongly like the one who played him in the series when Bonnie Langford was in it.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 8 2010, 3:05 PM BST

Outnumbered star to take lead role in new Just William series
Daniel Roche, who plays naughty Ben in Outnumbered, is to take on the lead role in a new adaptation of Just William.
---------------------------------

How utterly, boringly predictable is this casting?

He'd be more suited to playing Violet Elizabeth Bott!

Hopefully they'll cut the awful little brat's hair before they shoot (him)...

;)

I think it's an excellent bit of casting Frankie. I really like the character of Ben in 'Outnumbered' and he is probably the best they could have got for the role. I'll definetly give it a watch.
Like you Chappers, my parents (my Mum more than my Dad) is a bit of a fan of the books. Can't say I've ever read one myself.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 8 2010, 5:53 PM BST

I think it's an excellent bit of casting Frankie. I really like the character of Ben in 'Outnumbered' and he is probably the best they could have got for the role. I'll definetly give it a watch.
Like you Chappers, my parents (my Mum more than my Dad) is a bit of a fan of the books. Can't say I've ever read one myself.

Hi-Jack!

I read the books as a child and loved them, despite the author (authoress?) having the godawful name of Richmal! Who'd call a girl that?!

Parent #1: "I know dear, let's call the little sweetums, Richmal!" (or is it "!)(?)

Parent #2: "oh dahhhhling, how divine! Although thou punctuation and grammar stinketh at times, toodlums!"!

("ew!" as the yanks would say..)

I think the new "Just William" show will be a big hit out there in plebland but it's "lowest common denominator" casting as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't Matt Smith have a younger brother?

Hey, who cares anyway? I'm in a minority of two with Chappers probably or does he like the little Ben git too? Can't remember what he posted! Rolling eyes

Have plenty TV fun, Jack!

Fx :)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 8 2010, 6:18 PM BST

Hi-Jack!

I read the books as a child and loved them, despite the author (authoress?) having the godawful name of Richmal! Who'd call a girl that?!

Parent #1: "I know dear, let's call the little sweetums, Richmal!" (or is it "!)(?)

Parent #2: "oh dahhhhling, how divine! Although thou punctuation and grammar stinketh at times, toodlums!"!

("ew!" as the yanks would say..)

I think the new "Just William" show will be a big hit out there in plebland but it's "lowest common denominator" casting as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't Matt Smith have a younger brother?

Hey, who cares anyway? I'm in a minority of two with Chappers probably or does he like the little Ben git too? Can't remember what he posted! Rolling eyes

Have plenty TV fun, Jack!

Fx :)

Up until this moment, I've always been of the belief Richmal Crompton was a man.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 8 2010, 6:38 PM BST

Up until this moment, I've always been of the belief Richmal Crompton was a man.

She was born on't wrong side of't Pennines so that may explain't daft name! Her dad was a Vicar called Edward.. It's all fascinating stuff!

Great books those "Just William" books! :)

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 8 2010, 6:38 PM BST

Nope - definitely a woman - although she may have had an op. It would've been in its infancy then though.

Richmal was an old family name. I once had an email from her grand nephew (who was the inspiriation for the last William). I'm not sure about yet another series - can't they do the Catherine Robinson books, or other Jacqueline Wilson books that aren't Tracey Beaker?

It once said in the Radio Times (long time ago) that they were going to do a Just William as an adult series. I guess the family didn't give permission for it, or something.