Famous people you have met... Page 35

I was on 'good morning' terms with the main cast of Hustle on my last job ... and got a "thanks" out of Kevin Eldon too, smug in the knowledge that no one else around me seemed to know who he was . . .

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 29 2009, 6:21 AM BST

This was very briefly (best way to meet him) pre-9/11, before it was completely obvious what a evil, lying scumbag he was. :)

:( Me again. Edited.

Terry Scott I met in Bournemouth, where he was doing a play. He was a really friendly chap as I recall. :)

Frankie had a wig you really had to see up close to believe how bad it was. :O :D

As his car drove him away from where me and my mate had met him, he gave us a very regal wave through the window. :D

Fantabulosa majora!

Quote: Tuumble

I had a direct message from Holly Johnson of Frankie goes to Hollywood on Twitter yesterday. Does that count?

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 26 2009, 8:43 PM BST

:O
No f**king way. Jealousy mode activated.

Today I 'spoke' to Frankie's guitarist, Brian "Nasher" Nash on a fourm and recommended him the Talk Talk album, 'Missing Pieces'.

He thanked me for the tip and went to Amazon and bought it straightaway apparently. :D

Finnish rally driver Jari-Matti Latvala last June and meeting him again in two weeks on the 6th of June

I met Iain Lee the other night at a stand up gig. We were both performing. Very nice man.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread from the bowels of the machine.

So there I was in the Cafe Nero just up from Oxford Circus a while back on t'internet and getting some worky-type emails sorted. It was quite busy upstairs where I was and I was vaguely aware of a female woman who said something like "Do you mind if I sit here?" To which I replied "No not at all, please do," with an easy nonchalance that became well.

I was tapping away on the old keys when said lady asked me if there was Internet generally available in the Cafe. I looked up only to see that she was none other than Arabella Weir. And to my eternal credit it was then that I said the following quick as a flash:

"I've always wanted to say this...but it's you isn't it?"

She laughed and had to admit that it was indeed her. There then followed the most pleasant twenty minutes as we chatted about this and that before she had to go.

What a lovely lady she was and it quite gave me a lift for the rest of the day.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 11 2011, 10:17 PM GMT

Arabella Weir.

Wouldn't know her if she bought me a pint in The Newhampton and said 'This is for you Honey bunch.'

From 'Does my bum look big in this?' And so on.

So, Blenks. Was the internet generally available in the cafe?
I MUST KNOW!

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2011, 11:34 PM GMT

From 'Does my bum look big in this?' And so on.

So, Blenks. Was the internet generally available in the cafe?
I MUST KNOW!

Only if you have BT Openzone. Then you can indeed access it.

I am sated.

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2011, 11:34 PM GMT

Looks like something off the local council estate.

HOW RUDE.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 11 2011, 11:42 PM GMT

Looks like something off the local council estate.

Hey, do you mind? We're talking comedy royalty here mate! The Fast Show etc. And what's more I'll have you know that I'm a council estate lad. Why I've never been so insulted in all my puff!
:D

Coming soon: Tales of some other famous people that I have met. Stay tuned celeb fans...

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 11 2011, 11:58 PM GMT

The Fast Show etc.

Can think of anything else though lol. Maybe Grumpy Old Women. Don't get me wrong, I like her n that.

Martin Clunes came in the pub I was working in while he was location scouting for Hunting Venus in 1998. He drank Guinness.

We also had Jack Wild and his girlfriend in the pub. I never did find out whether one of our regulars went ahead with his idea to ask for a blue plaque with "Jack Wild had a shit here" from English Heritage.