Status report Page 2,181

Interesting, the way up you hang it. Looks backwards.

Quote: DaButt @ May 3 2010, 12:31 AM BST

Just replaced the flag at the front of my house. The old one had faded a little bit.

What do you do with the old ones? Is it seen as bad to put them in the bin or anything?

Nice house! My brother ripped our flagpole down. :(

Quote: DaButt @ May 3 2010, 12:31 AM BST

Just replaced the flag at the front of my house. The old one had faded a little bit. Guess my next chore should be trimming those overgrown shrubs.

Your house is made from bricks ! :O

All US houses are wooden and painted white surely, apart from the tenement blocks in the Bronx that is.

Quote: Aaron @ May 3 2010, 12:33 AM BST

Interesting, the way up you hang it. Looks backwards.

I'm pretty sure it's correct. There are too many rules to keep track of.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 3 2010, 12:34 AM BST

What do you do with the old ones? Is it seen as bad to put them in the bin or anything?

Yeah, I think a solemn burning ceremony is the proper way. I remember seeing large pyres at 4th of July celebrations where people were encouraged to bring their old flags for disposal.

Quote: DaButt @ May 3 2010, 12:40 AM BST

Yeah, I think a solemn burning ceremony is the proper way. I remember seeing large pyres at 4th of July celebrations where people were encouraged to bring their old flags for disposal.

Blimey!

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 3 2010, 12:38 AM BST

All US houses are wooden and painted white surely, apart from the tenement blocks in the Bronx that is.

It all depends on the part of the country. In most of Florida the houses are concrete block and stucco. Homes in the north tend to be brick. Homes in the earthquake-prone west are wood. I think a lot of it depends on building codes and the availability of a brick factory.

All of the houses in my neighborhood are newish and brick. They're actually 3/4 brick, as the backs are some sort of painted, concrete-like, fake wood siding.

Chip might visit the Stiperstones later. He hasn't been for eons.

Quote: zooo @ May 3 2010, 12:25 AM BST

My hair smells like Play Doh.

Have you used straighteners?

Quote: Nogget @ May 3 2010, 11:39 AM BST

Have you used straighteners?

Nope!

Why, is that a side effect?

Quote: zooo @ May 3 2010, 12:01 PM BST

Nope!

Why, is that a side effect?

There tends to be a smell of burnt conditioner.
It sounds like you've *never* used them, but this can't be true; surely every woman has to use them by law?

I tried it once, but didn't like it. Plus my hair is dead straight anyway, so it's a bit pointless.

Quote: zooo @ May 3 2010, 12:29 PM BST

I tried it once, but didn't like it. Plus my hair is dead straight anyway, so it's a bit pointless.

You'll get your girly licence revoked if you don't like straighteners.

I've been told my obsession with kittens and the film Dirty Dancing cancels out my non-use of straighteners.

It's a bit dead around here today.