What are you watching on TV? Page 1,128

Talking of Iwo Jima, I'm a huge fan of P.J. O'Rourke. If you ever get your hands on a copy of his book 'Peace Kills', there is an absolutely wonderful chapter about his visit to Iwo Jima. In the context of a book about the issues surrounding American foreign policy in the wake of 9/11 and the War On Terror, it is a very fitting place and subject for him to cite to sum up his impressions.

Channel 4's Comedy Gulag - at some point a decent joke is going to escape ...

Quote: DaButt @ April 5 2010, 3:58 AM BST

It's another Tom Hanks and Spielberg production. Sort of a sequel to the fantastic Band of Brothers. So far I'm not sure it's living up to its predecessor, but things will probably get pretty intense once Okinawa and Iwo Jima come into play. That was some hellish fighting.

Yeh there's far fewer strong characters, it's weirdly slack.

Wasn't Band of Brothers based on an aces book. Where as the book for this one was written for the TV show?

Sad to see Scooch receive the red card on Coach Trip.

Quote: don rushmore @ April 5 2010, 10:46 PM BST

Sad to see Scooch receive the red card on Coach Trip.

Why was that.

Does that mean they have to leave now ?

I've just watched the final of University Challenge.

As a reasonably intelligent bloke and quiz setter myself (last seven years for the Mayor of Wolverhampton's Annual Quiz Night!) I used to find this entertaining, but the questions are now so arcane as to make the programme unwatchable for someone who wants to pit their knowledge against the teams.

:|

Why was that.

Does that mean they have to leave now ?

They wanted to leave, so asked a few people to vote them off. This type of canvassing isn't allowed, so they were given a straight red card and told to go home.

The alternative ending to A Touch Of Frost. Rather grim.

Richard Pryor Live in Concert on BBC iPlayer

Just finished watching Life of Riley, now turning my brain off until Comedy Roast

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 5 2010, 11:05 PM BST

As a reasonably intelligent bloke and quiz setter myself (last seven years for the Mayor of Wolverhampton's Annual Quiz Night!) I used to find this entertaining, but the questions are now so arcane as to make the programme unwatchable for someone who wants to pit their knowledge against the teams.

I got about four answers. I was very proud.

Sean Locke - after roasting Brucie.

Confused by the new animated 'Specsavers' advert, featuring a blatant rip-off of cartoon dog Fred Bassett, whom also appears to be trying to do an impersonation of Tony Hancock. Errr

Despite his brilliance, I've still never quite forgiven actor Alex Macqueen for being in those really shit 'Specsavers' adverts before his career really took off. :(

Mind you, Vision Express are no better thesedays, but at least they don't make me watch terrible adverts...

I'm just typing words now, aren't I?... :(

Warehouse 13.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 5 2010, 11:05 PM BST

I thought it's been dumbing down recently.