The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 96

I haven't seen the footage of Beckham getting injured, so I want to know, was it a wear and tear thing, that was bound to happen sooner or later, or was it just caused by a reckless challenge?

Quote: Badge @ March 14 2010, 11:03 PM GMT

I understand your Robbo point but Becks is a different case because there's no way he would be in the starting XI anyway. But he would have given a great option in the later stages of games where a decent cross or free kick could make all the difference.

It is a good point and the example I gave wasn't the best.
Becks is hardly Glen Hoddle though and if we don't have any other players who can deliver a decent cross or score from a free kick then we probably don't have a lot of chance out there.

Looks like a utd, Barca final with utd winning ;)

Wahey

Bye Bye Chelsea

I must be the only MU fan wanting Chelsea and Arsenal in. Gutted they couldn't stuff something special down the Special one's throat.

Quote: Mike T @ March 16 2010, 10:11 PM GMT

Looks like a utd, Barca final with utd winning ;)

I hope not.

Quote: Spagett @ March 16 2010, 10:17 PM GMT

Wahey

Bye Bye Chelsea

Bye bye. Lets hope Arsenal do it - cos I hate the idea of those smug bastards winning it.

Quote: SlagA @ March 16 2010, 10:23 PM GMT

I must be the only MU fan wanting Chelsea and Arsenal in. Gutted they couldn't stuff something special down the Special one's throat.

The thing is Mourinho is a genius. I'd love to see him back at Chelsea.

Quote: Chappers @ March 17 2010, 2:34 PM GMT

I'd love to see Mourinho back at Chelsea.

He was - yesterday - Didn't you watch it? :P

Quote: SlagA @ March 17 2010, 4:13 PM GMT

He was - yesterday - Didn't you watch it? :P

No - I didn't actually.

I think it's a blessing in disguise. Last night we were well and truly Mourinhoed, but without Essien, Cole and Bosingwa for the next few weeks, possibly the rest of the season, I think that challenging on both fronts would have only ended in us coming second best in the League and Champions League again. We can now concentrate on doing the double.

The last time we crashed out of Europe at this stage we went on to win the league and Barcelona went on to win the Champions League. A repeat of that would be nice this time round.

John Terry is having a rather jolly year so far isn't he ?

Couldn't happen to a nicer thug.

;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 17 2010, 8:47 PM GMT

John Terry is having a rather jolly year so far isn't he ?

Couldn't happen to a nicer thug.

;)

It's not going too well is it.

Quote: Splodge @ March 17 2010, 8:30 PM GMT

The last time we crashed out of Europe at this stage we went on to win the league and Barcelona went on to win the Champions League. A repeat of that would be nice this time round.

Sounds good to me.

John Terry in a hit and run moment I see.

Not going great for Chelsea at the moment is it?

What a shame...

Whatever happened to Deco? Did he leave?

Quote: catskillz @ March 18 2010, 4:27 PM GMT

Whatever happened to Deco? Did he leave?

He set up an interior design company with his brother Art.

I can see him doing well at that, quite an arty player. He has played a few games this season so he must still be at Chelsea but he must be out of favour, is carrying an injury, or has merely said something to upset the manager, as some do?? Who knows why good players don't play. Thought he had a lot to offer Chelsea when he went there myself. Another mystery.