The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 100

I know I've been going on about this fourth Champions' League spot a lot lately, but that's because I can't help thinking Everton have still got an outside chance of getting it. The last few weeks of the season are going to be really interesting, there's no doubt about it.

Spurs have got to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City, as well as at least one more FA Cup game. Man City have got to play Man Utd, Arsenal and Villa. Villa have got to play Everton, Man City and at least one more FA Cup game. Liverpool have got to play Chelsea and at least two more Europa League games. This leaves outsiders Everton with only one big team to play, Villa, and no Cup games to worry about. I wonder what the odds are on Everton making it? I might put a fiver on them.

Update: Coral Bookmakers are offering odds of 40/1. Think I'll put a fiver on them tomorrow. You never know.

Was actually at the Bolton v Man United match on Saturday in the away end. Was a great atmosphere and I love away games and will be looking at going to some more if I can. I'd love to go to West Ham, providing there in the Premiership next season.

A win on Saturday, and a loss for Notts Forest at Bristol City, will see the Toon back amongst the big boys. Come on!!

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 29 2010, 5:42 PM GMT

Was actually at the Bolton v Man United match on Saturday in the away end. Was a great atmosphere and I love away games and will be looking at going to some more if I can. I'd love to go to West Ham, providing there in the Premiership next season.

Is that because Old Trafford is so deadly quiet?

I wouldn't go to West Ham if I were you. I've been at two of their games years ago where I encountered the worst crowd trouble.

I.C.F. versus Headhunters? That sounds naughty, as you Cockney boys say! Or maybe I've just been watching too many Danny Dyer programmes on Bravo.

Reports are circulating that O'Neill has quit the Villa. The club are denying it at this stage.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-deny-Martin-O-Neill-quit-rumours-article373925.html

Yowser, he's a great manager.

Man Utd have just lost 2-1, with Rooney hobbling off at the end. Hopefully not seriously from and England point of view but he looked to be in a lot of pain.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 30 2010, 8:39 PM BST

Man Utd have just lost 2-1, with Rooney hobbling off at the end. Hopefully not seriously from and England point of view but he looked to be in a lot of pain.

Terrible news! Whistling nnocently

From The Sun .

Maybe that is over-pessimistic, but the nation's heart will be in its mouth every time Rooney gets a knock from now until the end of May.

Not me Ode Pal !

Unimpressed

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 30 2010, 11:22 PM BST

From The Sun .

Maybe that is over-pessimistic, but the nation's heart will be in its mouth every time Rooney gets a knock from now until the end of May.

Not me Ode Pal !

Unimpressed

Nor me. Keep giving him some stick!

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ March 30 2010, 1:37 PM BST

Reports are circulating that O'Neill has quit the Villa. The club are denying it at this stage.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-deny-Martin-O-Neill-quit-rumours-article373925.html

Well if he has, I'm putting a tenner now on him being new Liverpool supremo for next season.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 31 2010, 8:05 AM BST

Liverpool supremo

Isn't this an oxymoron?

You mean that Liverpool FC is not run by the coach but by the faceless owners?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 31 2010, 10:22 AM BST

You mean that Liverpool FC is not run by the coach but by the faceless owners?

Not really, no.