The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 95

Oh well. They've scored a second so the TV has gone off.

Can't see Milan coming back now.

If Chelsea fall away I pray Arsenal do it.

Good to see our English clubs really seeing teams off now in Europe, we finally have our old swagger back, so nice to see after a couple of decades out in the cold.

I was thinking the same thing.
Especially in World cup year.

Ok most of our players are foreign, so I was thinking didn't Rooney take that goal well.

Easy win tonight. Through to the Quarter Finals. Great to see a goal from Park Ji Legend Sung. Oh yes, Real Madrid are out aswell, so Cristiano Ronaldo you should have stayed with a big club.

Why don't they have the games on the same week anymore?

Unlucky Cristiano :)

Gutted! Poor Becks - looks like he's done an achilles and is out of the World Cup. You only had to see him at Old Trafford last week to see how valuable he could have been coming off the bench and his experience as a squad member would have been terrific. :(

Set pieces!
He got us through the group stages of the last world cup, and I'd have liked to see him there.

However we may do better with a few players who can run about a bit.
It's like when Robson got injured in 1986 & we improved as a team.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 14 2010, 10:55 PM GMT

Set pieces!
He got us through the group stages of the last world cup, and I'd have liked to see him there.

I agree. Could be a blessing in disguise. For England, not Becks, obviously.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 14 2010, 10:55 PM GMT

I understand your Robbo point but Becks is a different case because there's no way he would be in the starting XI anyway. But he would have given a great option in the later stages of games where a decent cross or free kick could make all the difference.

I expect Capello is a very relieved man, as he won't have to break the news to England's great hero that he isn't going. Capello only had him in to keep the England fans, the FA, Elton John and possibly even the royal family off his back. It's worked out well for Capello, I can see that big grin on his face now.

BREAKING NEWS - Beckham's Achilles Tendon to get State Funeral

http://tinyurl.com/yjlcuxx

I would've thought only the Beckham family were upset by this news. We've got plenty of options on the right wing - and most of those have pace and can dribble.

But don't have his superb delivery and his set piece ability. I think he would have been a good impact Sub and am sorry he won't be the first England player to go to four World Cups. I think Rooney will now be that man.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 15 2010, 9:01 AM GMT

I expect Capello is a very relieved man, as he won't have to break the news to England's great hero that he isn't going. Capello only had him in to keep the England fans, the FA, Elton John and possibly even the royal family off his back. It's worked out well for Capello, I can see that big grin on his face now.

If you really believe this you are very blinkered. Capello played the Beckham thing very smartly early on but make no mistake he would definitely have been in the final 23.